What's new

Creed or Tom Ford

Was intending Purchasing 2 bottles of Creed at airport duty free tomorrow,but having just been online reading reviews of various Creed scents,it seems the latest iterations of Creed are weak(compared to originals) and not worth the high prices charged for them,which really has put me off purchasing any of the latest offerings from Creed,instead i think i may go for a Tom Ford offering instead,whats your thoughts guys on the Creed(latest versions)v Tom Ford debate,which would you go for🤔

Last edited:
Contemplating this🤔
Screenshot_20240508_024200_Chrome~2.jpg

I've been impressed by every Tom Ford scent I've sampled. Not every one was something I'd wear, but they all were well thought out and high quality. That said, I haven't smelled the one you posted.

I've been impressed by every Tom Ford scent I've sampled. Not every one was something I'd wear, but they all were well thought out and high quality. That said, I haven't smelled the one you posted.
Are the scents long lasting🤔...i'll sample a few of whatever they have at duty free,and make my choice🤗

Indeed, Sir bluesparkuk, your plan of sampling several is a great idea.
i generally find local buying options, if you shop around, are about same as airport "duty free".
fwiw, while i've not bought any creed recently, both creed and tom ford are really, really long-lasting for me.

creed ford.jpg

My 2 cents-

Don't buy full bottles of anything until you've been able to try a decant of around 10 ml and get through a good amount of it before making a decision. Buying on the spot after sampling in store is usually a bad idea. Making a well informed decision before spending the sort of quid it takes to buy a full bottle is always a good idea. Your nose can turn on a dime.

Creed vs Tom Ford- there is no debate here. Both have some excellent fragrances. You have to sample them to find which ones work for you and the longevity/performance you're looking for. You can drop $400 on a Creed and it will only last 3 hours before needing to re-apply. There are TF's that perform the same. You have to sample them and wear them for some time. Unless you have money to throw away.

As a long time Creed fan I'd vote for Tom Ford. Longevity and sillage much better than Creed. Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood are favorites of mine. Every time I have to replace a Creed that runs out the newer version is weaker. No exceptions. I'm almost at the point of not buying new Creeds. Thankfully I've found some Facebook pages that specialize in older Creeds. I'll pay the jacked up rates if necessary to get Aventus that lasts more than 3 hrs. Unless you've tried Aventus from 2010-2017 you'll never know how good Creed once was.

Top Bottom