What's new

Courvosier XO

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I bought a bottle of this the past weekend and this is some good cognac. It's only 40% by volume. At the first couple of sips the is a slight burn after that it is smooth and just drinking pleasure. I drink mine straight no rocks. If you like smooth cognac or smooth drinking at all treat yourself to this. If anyone has any suggestions on any smooth liguors let me know.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Never had the XO, but the wife and I drank the Iberostar Grand Bavaro out of their supply of Courvoisier VSOP while we where there on our honeymoon.

I also enjoy XO brandy. Quite a bit lower cost than Cognac but just as smooth.

proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Doc:
Never had the XO, but I happen to really like H by Hine VSOP Cognac (did you know that this Cognac was Sir Winston Churchill's favorite?), and I like served either with cranapple juice or as a 'Sidecar' [triple sec & lemon juice], or just 'on the rocks').

I find this warm golden color Cognac full of flavor with soft tones of vanilla, honey, oak wood and spice that is very smooth, but kind of intense on the palate that leaves a long and sharp after-taste finish. 'Primo' is the word that comes to my mind. :yesnod:

proxy.php
"All Cognac’s are Brandy...but not all Brandy’s are Cognac". CBJ

attachment.php
Christopher ~ "A Great Lather is Half the Shave". William Hone

I see XO cognac has become more reasonably priced around here. I guess the Japanese are no longer crazy for it and the price has come down. I used to buy Remy Martin VSOP ten years ago for cigar nights. Very nice drop, by the XO is where good grapes go when they die.

As for smooth, any XO cognac, armagnac or brandy should be that.

Top Bottom