What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Some of the oldies I have

IMG_2428.jpeg

@Matt O Man that's a nice one, love the ones that shade, I bet that booger is fast as hell. Mine that look like that are top notch. I just acquired one close to that size, but I bet you knew that already. I have not put my hands on it yet, I hope my the seller was reliable 🤣😜.

@Matt O Man that's a nice one, love the ones that shade, I bet that booger is fast as hell. Mine that look like that are top notch. I just acquired one close to that size, but I bet you knew that already. I have not put my hands on it yet, I hope my the seller was reliable 🤣😜.
Thanks! I have one similar in size and coloring…perhaps a fraternal twin…and I really really like it!

IMG_1315.jpeg
IMG_1316.jpeg
IMG_1317.jpeg

I have been pining for one of these for a long time, and finally got one! And I also got this little junker because I was tired of looking at it. Thinking about cutting the little one down since there is so little left it will never be flat otherwise, then I can have a slurry stone plus a small pocket stone. But then I would limit the bbw side. Or I can use it as is til it wears out.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0041.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
I have been pining for one of these for a long time, and finally got one! And I also got this little junker because I was tired of looking at it. Thinking about cutting the little one down since there is so little left it will never be flat otherwise, then I can have a slurry stone plus a small pocket stone. But then I would limit the bbw side. Or I can use it as is til it wears out.
Your edge can only be as good as the worst spot on your final stone’s surface.

Nice looking set! Lots to like, good intro to the sport.

IMG_6960.jpeg
IMG_6968.jpeg
Finally gave in and flattened the antique coti. I got a patch about 5x1.5 sorted out, a small but proven format. I figure it’s enough to start and I can go further if necessary. I can’t bear to just go crazy and flatten it completely given how domed it is. First time I’ve ever SAVED the mud from a stone. Gosh it feels nice though.

View attachment 1840350View attachment 1840351Finally gave in and flattened the antique coti. I got a patch about 5x1.5 sorted out, a small but proven format. I figure it’s enough to start and I can go further if necessary. I can’t bear to just go crazy and flatten it completely given how domed it is. First time I’ve ever SAVED the mud from a stone. Gosh it feels nice though.

An absolutely stunning stone.

Top Bottom