What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

I'm stropping on the Tony Miller on the left (they're both Tony Millers)
proxy.php

the strop on the left I got from tony last fall...it's his new steerhide. The linen is a soft herringbone

the other strop (on the right) is Tony's practice grade strop, in which the grade of leather is not high enough to get his stamp, so he lowers the price accordingly, but at the time I bought that strop, I paid extra for the linen component, compared to the newer linen Tony sells, this older linen is heavier and feels stiff, almost like a light duty canvas..but I haven't used it in awhile so I would imagine it's stiff from non use....and catching rays from the western setting sun, out in Jake's garage:nonod:

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

P.S. Compulsory linen component stropping notes: I do 60 laps minimum with the linen after honing and touch ups using coticules, because someone a lot smarter than :chef:Jake figured out it is the best way=:)

You will get to see them better and longer if you let them wear in and out on their own instead of wasting rock to see Basil. Thats gonna be a hard stone to replace if you should somehow use it up.

Im not touching it...its just nice to see how they change....

Does the stones performance change,.as we end up deeper into it?

I guess that would depend on what kind of inclusions of any are hidden in the center- no?

Different areas of coticule perform differently, even on the same stone. It is reasonable to expect the stone to perform a little differently as you wear through it.

I cut a coticule into two stones after much deliberation. The two pieces have very different character.

Phil

Im not touching it...its just nice to see how they change....

Does the stones performance change,.as we end up deeper into it?

I guess that would depend on what kind of inclusions of any are hidden in the center- no?

You are correct there is no way knowing what lies below the surface so take your time getting there.

Different areas of coticule perform differently, even on the same stone. It is reasonable to expect the stone to perform a little differently as you wear through it.

I cut a coticule into two stones after much deliberation. The two pieces have very different character.

Phil
If I had a stone and the left was different that the right I don't know if I would cut in half but I know I would use it as 2 different short stones. If it was long ways I would probably sell it as i have done in the past but making sure the buyer realizes what is happening.

Top Bottom