What's new

Cookie sheets

Y'all might already know this but if you have a local restaurant supply you can get heavy duty cookie sheets for much less than the thinner one's they sell in the local stores. We get ours there and they are very heavy duty and last forever. A side tip, I've bought a few for the garage for when I have to degrease something. They keep my workbench top clean. You can also get the nitril type gloves there cheaper than Harbor Freight.

I bought a heavy duty set of WEAR - EVER ( made in USA ) cookie sheets 25 years ago, they still work like new . Since Volrath bought the company they no longer make these heavy duty sheets .

Attachments

• IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    963.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1486.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If you haven’t tried them, USA Pan makes the best sheet pans I’ve ever seen. They often have sales, including a free smaller sheet pan for jelly rolls and/or ice cream roll up cakes quite often. We use those nonstick silicone sheets with them too. My wife (she’s the baker) loves them.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good tips everyone! My lovely War Department honestly has absolutely everything needed to open a bakery. Unfortunately, she has no inventory because I happen to be her number one customer and I pay her horribly. She has inherited nearly everything her mother used, and HER mother and her mother in law, so most of her stuff is irreplaceable; they just don't make em like that anymore, sadly.

Nor does the Good Lord make many women like the one who was stoopid enough to leave a perfectly good home to throw her lot in with me! I thank Him everyday, usually multiple times, for the fact that she loves me just enough not to risk jail time for poisoning my treats!

If any of you gents out there have a lovely bride, I highly recommend that you appreciate and show it to her better than I do! As our friends tell us, when she has finally had her fill of me there is not a jury in the state of Michigan that would convict her of murder!

My happy marriage advice for the day: stop at estate sales and buy whatever she wants. They really don't make stuff like that anymore!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
If you haven’t tried them, USA Pan makes the best sheet pans I’ve ever seen.

We have a few. A half-sheet pan, two large Pullman loaf pans and one small Pullman. I'm on the verge of picking up another small Pullman and a couple of quarter-sheet pans.

For 20 years we made a monster loaf of sourdough multigrain every week in one of the large Pullman pans. I used the smaller one for loaves of all-rye sourdough. Still do! Lately I made a batch of sourdough "deli" rye (with rye and white flours) and it was too much for one Pullman but not quite enough for both the big boys. Looks to me like two small Pullmans (Pullmen?) would be ideal and give a nice high loaf.

The pizza oven will take a quarter-sheet pan easily, which I want for focaccia and Roman pizzas. If one's good two's better as long as we're not talking domestic partners, so the extra one would likely get put in the trailer, which has a big oven for a trailer but not that big in all truth. I could get a half-sheet pan into it but I'd need to use my boot, and then getting it out's a brass-plated bugger.

Very good, very high quality. But because of the coating limited to 450F, so keep that in mind.

O.H.

Good tips everyone! My lovely War Department honestly has absolutely everything needed to open a bakery. Unfortunately, she has no inventory because I happen to be her number one customer and I pay her horribly. She has inherited nearly everything her mother used, and HER mother and her mother in law, so most of her stuff is irreplaceable; they just don't make em like that anymore, sadly.

Nor does the Good Lord make many women like the one who was stoopid enough to leave a perfectly good home to throw her lot in with me! I thank Him everyday, usually multiple times, for the fact that she loves me just enough not to risk jail time for poisoning my treats!

If any of you gents out there have a lovely bride, I highly recommend that you appreciate and show it to her better than I do! As our friends tell us, when she has finally had her fill of me there is not a jury in the state of Michigan that would convict her of murder!

My happy marriage advice for the day: stop at estate sales and buy whatever she wants. They really don't make stuff like that anymore!
When other guys see me with my wife they must think I have money. Ain't no way she would be with him if he wasn't loaded. LOL

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When other guys see me with my wife they must think I have money. Ain't no way she would be with him if he wasn't loaded. LOL
It's a burden I gladly bear as well my friend!
I'm just tired of being mistaken for her Dad all the time! I look ten years older than I am and she looks 20 years younger. If I'd have known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself doggone!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I bought some baking sheets from a restaurant supply I don't know how many years ago, and they still rock. I played a little too fast and loose with one and warped it, but then that one just got converted to an easy, flat surface for carrying around my Hottop coffee roaster.

That roaster one flattened back out just fine after a little while, but it still belongs to the roaster. I had already replaced it, and I've been spoiled by its current use.

Top Bottom