What's new

Conklin All American - Anyone Tried It?

I've not tried it, but I found the statement below a bit ironic given the name of the pen.

Crafted from hand made European high grade resins, the All American...

I think the Sunburst orange looks bold, and fun!

Conklin, has been revived by the Yafta brand, the same company that has Monteverde pens. Goulet pens has good video on the newest Conklin pen the Durograph. Which has great price point of $40.

I am looking at the darker green one (matches more of the clothing i wear) and at $76 its a fair price but at that point where I would be upset if I did not like it so I was looking for some info on them. Ill take a look at those other threads. If I do end up ordering it ill write up a full review.

Regards
Dave

Good pen....rushed into production. Nib tip isn't quite polished enough from the factory and needed work to write properly. Misprint on the barrel, mis-spelling OHIO as HOIO. Threads a little-rough-cut at the top, but that's a minor issue at best, and could apply to mine but not all.

Yes, the resins it's made from look great. It feels good in the hand. It's handsome, and a wet writer. But don't expect a perfect specimen. And expect the nib sizes to run small (like a Japanese pen), unless you get the stub.

I would say that whoever you plan to order from, ask them if they can test the nib first before they ship it out to you, so you get a good one without having to smooth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom