What's new

Compliment

I work at a university - XKCD is a favorite among us geeks. The "half your age plus seven" thing has been around for ever but XKCD really made it popular around me. Since my coworkers and I are around a lot of college age women, the "fishing below the creepy line" comment gets thrown around a lot. :ohmy:

But I only know of one incident of it really happening - and he was single and she'd graduated a few years before so no harm/no foul. But really hard to relate to someone that much younger - they look at me funny when I play music from the 80's and ask if I'm listening to the oldies station. Dang that stings.

Last edited:
Got my first "you smell good, what is that" from someone other than my wife or daughters since I started wet shaving/wearing colognes several months ago. The girl running the register at the coffee shop likes C&S Cuba :)

Sillage was a little high because I'd just put it on...

Ha! Same thing happened to me! Chick at the counter (Rite AID) was like "oh that smells nice, it's real mello, I like that, what is it?" I'm like, it's Cool Water...cheezy *** Cool Water, lol.

I know people say "you should wear your colognes only for yourself" but c'mon, everyone likes compliments on their scents. It's like someone telling you that you have good taste. I love when I get compliments on my colognes!

I recently bought Puro Lino. My sister complimented me on it and wanted to buy some for my bro' in law, but they don't export to the US anymore (only sold in Italy). I was like sorry, but he can't buy it unless he goes to Italy and I only have 50mls and that's it! Don't know when I'm gettin' anymore, so you can't have any of mine...okay too much info, lol.

I also get a lot of hugs and "oh you smell sooo good" when I wear Le Labo Rose 31.

I've tried Czech & Speake 88. It's okay, but it's a little too sweet and vampy for me. I like the frag, but I can't see myself wearing it anywear. Maybe for Halloween, but that's it.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to give Cuba a try.

Top Bottom