What's new

Complete Beginner - Rate my haul! (pic)

Welcome and looks like your off to a good start. Just wonderin how long til the" maybe get another razor just to try" kicks in . LOL

Hello and welcome. Nothing like starting at the top of the mountain.
+1
Complete beginner. Haven't even had my first DE shave yet, but rate my haul:

-L'Occitane Plisson synthetic
-Crown Shaving Co. Supreme Glide Pre Shave Formula (Even if not necessary, I like the product)
-Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Cream
-Merkur 34c HD
-Astra Superior Platinum blades
-Alum Block
-Nivea Post Shave Balm Sensitive
-Every Man Jack Face Lotion & Post Shave -
Signature Mint

proxy.php
I give it a ten.....have you tried it yet?

Welcome to the forums. Looks like a good start. When I started I first tried Derby razors. I think the Astras are a much better choice. Enjoy the pleasures of traditional shaving!

Welcome to the forum! You've made some fine choices for just starting out. Good luck on your first DE shave.

Thanks for the support guys! I definitely did my research before buying anything and did even more research before my first shave.

Everything went well with shave number 1. No nicks surprisingly.

Captain's Choice cat o nine tails will burn your face off, in the most pleasant way.

I see a second razor in your near future. I used my Merkur 34HD for about two weeks before I decided I needed an ATT R2 open comb--even though I love my Merkur. Oh, and a second brush. And...

Thanks for the support guys! I definitely did my research before buying anything and did even more research before my first shave.

Everything went well with shave number 1. No nicks surprisingly.

Great set of gear to get started, and glad it worked out well on the first shave. Stick with this setup for a good month to really get your technique down, and then you can start venturing out into other hardware and software items if you feel so inclined/tempted!

Top Bottom