What's new

comfortable work boots- whatcha got?

my new job I work in jails I want to get a pair of boots, I think right now i wear polo jeans and black athletic shoes (sketchers, to be exact). Because I do with with kiosks, and I find dress shoes not comfortable for an 8 out day on my feet, I thought maybe some boots. or is there a shoe that's up from athletic shoes that I'm missing that would be comfortable?

Honestly, I'd think an athletic shoe that is solid black would be ok. My basic tip is to observe what your colleagues are wearing, and ask them about their footwear if you see something you like. Though I've never found Sketchers to be particularly comfortable, everyone's foot is different.
I got a pair of Ecco slip on "dress" shoes a while back, and they have been really comfotable. More so than some of my athletic shoes. So maybe check them out if you don't get other good feedback.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I would ask your colleagues, depending on what you are doing there may be a requirement for steel toecaps or non slip soles etc. If there is a uniform then you may get an allowance for footwear, and there may be a recommended brand or design. For example, my wife is a nurse and wears footwear specifically designed for nurses. Good luck in your new job.

Top Bottom