What's new

College Football Season Is Here!

Congrats to The Tide...they whipped my Dawgs good, especially in that 1st half.

See ya'll in Atlanta on December 6 for the rematch :wink: (fingers crossed).

Congrats to the Tide for sure, but how many people thought we were going to get a textbook lesson in choking away a 31 point lead? I shouldn't talk...since my beloved Canes found a way to choke a way a 10 point lead with some bad DB play in the 4th quarter against UNC. The Butch Davis curse continues.

And just to recap from an earlier post of mine...Any day that the Gators lose is a good day. A big tip of the cap to Ole Miss for sure. I suspect another SEC loss is coming for Gator Nation so be prepared not to see Timmy Tebow win the NC or the Heisman.

Congrats to The Tide...they whipped my Dawgs good, especially in that 1st half.

See ya'll in Atlanta on December 6 for the rematch :wink: (fingers crossed).
absolutely

Congrats to the Tide for sure, but how many people thought we were going to get a textbook lesson in choking away a 31 point lead? I shouldn't talk...since my beloved Canes found a way to choke a way a 10 point lead with some bad DB play in the 4th quarter against UNC. The Butch Davis curse continues.

yeah, that was my fear going into the half...Bama's tendency to throw away a lead, and the fact Georgia have been a 2nd half team this year, they have the weapons, they just weren't, nor was I, expecting the Tide to be what they were, esp. so soon

Folks, until Alabama loses, this is what we're going be dealing with all year long. Sigh.

:shifty:
even when they lose, I'll still be content, afterall they're playing all 4 quarters now - even though that 3rd quarter seemed dismal, I think that's more of a strong Georgia team and the fact they've been a second half team all year, and besides, 37 months is long time for ya'll to wait till their next loss :biggrin1:

No worries. We'll take care of that next week. :wink:

Kentucky 41, W. Kentucky 3

WhoHoo.

You may think you're funny, but this is the SEC...:001_unsur

You may think you're funny, but this is the SEC...:001_unsur

You're right (not about the funny part -- my lovely bride long ago convinced me against that notion...). The SEC is so much fun to watch this year precisely because there are so many powerhouse teams. (And no, though I'm proud of UK's accomplishments over the past few years, I really don't see them as at the same talent level as Bama, UGa, Fl, or LSU. Still, like last year, I imagine the Cats will add to the mix with an upset or two.) I predict that SEC fans will have plenty to be frustrated about come BCS time, as there'll be several uber-talented teams with one or two losses each. Not to fan anti-BCS flames, but for fantasy's sake, how many SEC teams would stand a chance of ending up in a 16-team playoff this year?

But mostly, I'm just doing my part to keep the chatter going :wink: I'm particularly comfortable doing this, as I'll be leaving the country on Saturday, and probably won't be back in the board for a week or two, thus avoiding the probability of having to face additional pictures of t.p. and laundry detergent. :biggrin:

You're right (not about the funny part -- my lovely bride long ago convinced me against that notion...). The SEC is so much fun to watch this year precisely because there are so many powerhouse teams. (And no, though I'm proud of UK's accomplishments over the past few years, I really don't see them as at the same talent level as Bama, UGa, Fl, or LSU. Still, like last year, I imagine the Cats will add to the mix with an upset or two.) I predict that SEC fans will have plenty to be frustrated about come BCS time, as there'll be several uber-talented teams with one or two losses each. Not to fan anti-BCS flames, but for fantasy's sake, how many SEC teams would stand a chance of ending up in a 16-team playoff this year?

But mostly, I'm just doing my part to keep the chatter going :wink: I'm particularly comfortable doing this, as I'll be leaving the country on Saturday, and probably won't be back in the board for a week or two, thus avoiding the probability of having to face additional pictures of t.p. and laundry detergent. :biggrin:

the other conferences would be left home to cry as the SEC filled all the playoff spots...:biggrin:

as for leaving the country:
A) where ya' goin'?
B) no web access there? or just vacating from it? cuz' you know you can't stay away...no, you'll be drawn back in, like a moth to a flame, a mouse to cheese, a turtle to Linux....you'll at least be checking your email, and I might be able to find a way....
just kidding, have fun!

the other conferences would be left home to cry as the SEC filled all the playoff spots...:biggrin:

as for leaving the country:
A) where ya' goin'?
B) no web access there? or just vacating from it? cuz' you know you can't stay away...no, you'll be drawn back in, like a moth to a flame, a mouse to cheese, a turtle to Linux....you'll at least be checking your email, and I might be able to find a way....
just kidding, have fun!

A) Argentina and Chile
B) Oh, I'll be back. The laptop is traveling with us (dang dissertation :mad:), but let's contemplate my options:

option one) B&B
option two) Enjoying the company of my lovely wife whilst sipping a fine bottle of Malbec and taking in beautiful mountain vistas (or linuxes for those so inclined).

Um, which would you choose? :wink:

Still, I may check in from time to time. The likelihood of that happening just might increase with a UK win on Saturday :biggrin:

A) Argentina and Chile
B) Oh, I'll be back. The laptop is traveling with us (dang dissertation :mad:), but let's contemplate my options:

option one) B&B
option two) Enjoying the company of my lovely wife whilst sipping a fine bottle of Malbec and taking in beautiful mountain vistas (or linuxes for those so inclined).

Um, which would you choose? :wink:

Still, I may check in from time to time. The likelihood of that happening just might increase with a UK win on Saturday :biggrin:

Hmmm, which would I choose...dunno, might help if you post some pics of your lovely wife :biggrin:

LSU - Florida gonna be a great game...
what're ya'll gonna be watching this weekend?
oh, yeah, Oklahoma - Texas should be great, too

Since I won't have to worry about watching my Hurricanes play another crusher of a game this weekend (their game against UCF isn't being carried mercifully enough), I'll probably watch UT-OU and then head outside to mow the lawn.

if you're not watching it, the Texas - Oklahoma game is a good one...so far...

what a good day...Oklahoma lost, LSU lost, Missouri lost...that leaves #1 wide open for the Tide!!!!

I really believe Texas will jump to the top spot since Bama was off this week, but we'll see

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Top Bottom