What's new

Coconut Shaving cream

Having now tried GFT and TOBS coconut, I definitely prefer the scent of GFT. The TOBS smells rather synthetic whereas the GFT actually smells like coconut. They're both great in terms of performance, but I'm going with GFT for the scent.

I have to dissent.

The GFT Coconut was my favourite before I tried the TOBS. I can't speak to the difference in scent because I no longer own the GFT but I know the difference wasn't an issue for me. Yes, I agree that the TOBS has a synthetic element to the scent; in fact that's my beef with TOBS in general - I'm not a fan of their scents for this reason. But their Coconut suffers the least from this in my opinion. And the performance is significantly better than the GFT was for me. It's denser, slicker and more protective as long as you don't water it down too much. The GFT is a lighter cream by comparison and I was never able to match the lather I get from the TOBS.

Now GFT Almond cream is another story altogether. My favourite almond cream bar none. I would rank its performance on a par with TOBS Coconut.

Oh - and by the way - I've never made a better uberlather than by combining TOBS Coconut with La Toja soap - a match made in heaven.

Last edited:
Creams
GFT is $30/200ml shipped to CAD
QCS is $22/150ml shipped to CAD

not much of a difference if you ask me. Nothing against either, I love both GFT Coconut and QCS as a whole.

As tempted as I am to get the QCS Coconut, I have yet to smell a coconut that comes even close to the quality of the scent from GFT. i have smelled the old version MW, New version MW, Mikes and TOBS. They are either synthetic, playdohy or mixed with vanillla to give them chocolate scents.

I also find my GFT lasts a long time. I use it in rotation and find a little goes a long way to making a great lather.

LIMITED EDITION Coconut

$18.00
Sale: $15.30
Save: 15% off

just showing the current price is $15.30 not $22.00

i never said the price was $22.

your prices are pre shipping, which means nothing to me in Canada

add shipping in to CAD on a tub , that's where my prices above came from. if you want pre shipping prices, they are below.

price of QCS is $15.30/150ml (pre shipping) 102/ml
price of GFT is 20.88/200ml (pre shipping) .1044/ml

I have TOBS coconut as my primary cream right now and it is awesome. I have tried the GFT and the TOBS is just a little slicker and IMO a better value

Haven't tried TOBS, but i have GFT coconut oil cream and RR coconut, and i love them both. The GFT is wonderfully slick and moisturizing, but I have to say that I prefer the RR scent. GFT is closer to suntan oil, RR is sweeter and more like a coconut pastry. But both are great, you can't go wrong!

I have used the new Limited Ed. QCS Coconut Shave Cream three times now, and find it to be excellent. It produces a creamy, slick, and protective lather. Also, It pairs very well with Captain's Choice Bay Rum. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom