What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

For this mornings shave I used Vintage Old Spice soap, I don't find it as slick as my favorite soaps. The shave was a little rougher then I would have liked, some of that is due to my late shave yesterday, there wasn't much stubble to cut off this morning.

Tomorrows shave should be a good indicator of how the Cobra will perform for me as a a daily razor.

Not sure where to put this information so I'll just put it here. I got a pack of 22 Kai Captain Titan Mild blades for $13 from Telly. Thanks, Telly! I haven't tried them yet but they do fit the Cobra Classic so if you're thinking about getting a Cobra, you're not limited to Feather brand blades.

Not sure where to put this information so I'll just put it here. I got a pack of 22 Kai Captain Titan Mild blades for $13 from Telly. Thanks, Telly! I haven't tried them yet but they do fit the Cobra Classic so if you're thinking about getting a Cobra, you're not limited to Feather brand blades.

I think I'll give this a try tomorrow. Yesterdays shave was a little rougher then I would have liked, several weepers and some light razor burn on my jaw line and neck.

I ordered some a couple of days ago.

Got the Cobra today...wow. I'll post comments after using.

Next up is Bullgoose, I believe. Thanks for doing this fellas. And thanks to GaryG for the samples. I'll gladly keep up the tradition of courtesy, but what do you send someone who runs a pretty awesome shave store?

I am new to B&B, but have been reading, learning, and attempting DE shaving for a while now. I am also very interested in this, if it's not too late to join in.....

Got the Cobra today...wow. I'll post comments after using.

Next up is Bullgoose, I believe. Thanks for doing this fellas. And thanks to GaryG for the samples. I'll gladly keep up the tradition of courtesy, but what do you send someone who runs a pretty awesome shave store?

An order?

Next up is michiganlover, the razor went out in today's mail.

For my last two shaves I used a Kai Mild blade. I much preferred this shave over the Feather Pro's. Although the Feather Pro's mowed down stubble like nobodies business. I added a pack of Kai mild blades to the box in case anyone wants to compare them to the Feathers.

My overall experience with this razor was pretty positive, so much so that I am considering getting one.

Thanks poonjaji letting me test drive your razor, and for the other goodies in the box.

Next up is michiganlover, the razor went out in today's mail.

Woot!!! I can't wait!! :drool::drool:

For my last two shaves I used a Kai Mild blade. I much preferred this shave over the Feather Pro's. Although the Feather Pro's mowed down stubble like nobodies business. I added a pack of Kai mild blades to the box in case anyone wants to compare them to the Feathers.

Thanks for adding the Kai blades to the box!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I am happy to see the razor has made some positive impressions, and I appreciate the comments about the Kais and other Feather blades...though I really was perfectly happy having one type of blade. Really! :001_smile

Since the initial posts that kicked off this tour I have received a few requests to be added to the reserve list. At this point no one has backed out, and the reserve list is almost as long as the two tour lists, but the following reflects the additions. Time will tell how long my face can cope being without its favorite razor....

Box 1 From Michael
texbilly
sullybob
michiganlover
norton
agbill
Big W
TheVez2
Den
craig87c

Box 2 From Bong
-sluggo
-garyg
-scottb
-bullgoose
-noahpictures
-htownmmm
-Easttexasman
-kingfisher
-shanman

Reserve List
saliavin
JeffBC
jsj_297
Doodi1
Haiku
MondoJ
gtoface
smalltank

Here's an update regarding blade compatibility for the Cobra. I ordered some Feather Professional Light blades [green box] and they do not fit the Cobra. The center slot on the blade is not long enough to fit the middle raised part on the Cobra.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thursday January 19th, 2012:

-Cobra Classic w/ Feather Pro
-Floris JF Shaving Soap
-Omega Boar Brush
-Master Bay Rum AS
-Tom Ford Amber Absolute

Wow!! The Cobra is wonderful. It's like a Schick Injector on steroids!!

The wide head means it mows down your beard quickly, and the significant blade gap means it's super efficient. DFS in two passes.

I received just a couple of small insignificant weepers; they're nothing considering the reputation this razor tends to have.

I want one!! BADLY!!

I am a bit mystified about the Tom Ford (both the Floris, and the Tom Ford were extras in the box), this is a $200 cologne that to me smells like freshly sawed wood. I sprayed it on paper last night, and it held this freshly sawed wood scent for a long long time. I am but a fragrance newbie, but seriously, a super expensive perfume (most of my stuff is $30 for a 3.4oz bottle), that smells like sawed wood?? Color me confused. Perhaps it's scent will change over time.

P.S. The box is choke full of lots of wonderful goodies!!

Last edited:
What blade did you use?

The Tom Ford changed big time on my skin. It started off as a straight blast of cedar. I felt the same way as you. I thought $200 for this? Once it started to dry down the scent changed to a soft amber, a little powder and incense. I liked it a lot after the cedar faded.

What blade did you use?

The Tom Ford changed big time on my skin. It started off as a straight blast of cedar. I felt the same way as you. I thought $200 for this? Once it started to dry down the scent changed to a soft amber, a little powder and incense. I liked it a lot after the cedar faded.

I used a Feather Professional. I plan on doing 4 days with a Feather Professional, and 4 days with a Kai Mild. (since I shave in the morning, I get an extra day, since I won't be mailing the package until after work. :001_tt2:)

Friday January 20th, 2012:

-Cobra Classic w/ Feather Pro (1)
-Brambleberry Cool Water Shaving Soap
-EverReady #100 20mm Badger Brush
-Aqua Velva Ice Sport
-Cool Water Cologne

Overall very good results today, but did give myself a significant cut. The blade of the Cobra can dig in if your angle is off, as the blade gap is quite significant.

Probably should have used a tried, and full tested lathering product as well. The Brambleberry is a shaving soap base, bought in bulk. At first I bowl lathered it, and while I got what appeared to be a decent lather, it collapsed on my face after about one minute. While plenty slick, it seemed to be lacking in protection. For the second pass, I face lathered, with much better results. I think it was still a little lacking in protection though.

A new razor, and untried shaving soap are probably not the best of combinations. :blush::blush:

Top Bottom