What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

i used mine yesterday as well and i went real slow and took notice of my grip in the handle on a S-N pass, holding the cobra upside down... fingers in the grooves, very natural feeling..

Exactly. Kinda surprised me. No matter which grip I used, it just fell naturally into my fingers like it was custom molded to my hand. I have several great razors but none feel like this.

still a sharp friggin blade though!!

No doubt but I wouldn't have it any other way. Perfect shave!

Ken

So I dropped out of the tour because one popped up on Shave Nook. Arrived yesterday. Used it okay. Sweet! Most ergonomic razor ever! And so easy to get a upper close shave!

Cheers

Ken

Oh, you're the one who got it? I almost pulled the trigger on that one.

In short: I liked the Cobra Classic so much I posted a WTB on B/S/T before writing this.
What did surprise me was the fact that I didn't really like the Kai Mild blades after hearing such great things about them (guess I'm just a Feather man).
The big box o'goodies will be shipped to jsj_297 later today.

I bought one off another forum member last week and have shaved with it twice. Texbilly said it best in his initial thoughts on this razor earlier in this thread. Knowing it's back in stock has me thinking of ordering a second one. I haven't considered buying a backup razor before. I like the Cobra that much.

Couldn't resist now they are back in stock, seeing that there have been several people who posted a WTB in the past months the wait would be to long. Thanks to poonjaji and Celestino who offered to send me one to try. I'm pretty confident that I'll like the Cobra, I love shaving with my Feather razors using the same blades.

I had my first shave with it Monday,I used a Kai Capt mild and had one of the closest shaves in a long time.I found the handle to be very comfortable and was able to do a headshave with ease.

Hi Gents,

I have received a number of messages inquiring about the status of the tour, when the razor will be arriving, etc., so I am reposting the tour list so that participating members will know who to send the razor to and where they are in the rotation.

Cobra Tour Continued - BOX #1:
Doodi1 (received razor today)
MondoJ
smalltank
colaim
Bravoure
random-hero
Blade Boy
itaforte

As noted in a previous post my other Cobra recently returned from visiting TheVez2 in Afghanistan, and I have decided I am willing to send my second Cobra on tour for a while. I am initially welcoming U.S. members that joined prior to 2012 to contact me to be added to the tour list. The limitation to U.S. members is simply one of logistics and cost (i.e., shipping the razor across counties will take more time and be more expensive), and I want to offer the opportunity to active members that have been around B&B for a while. HOWEVER, I encourage newer members that are interested to contact me and I will add you to the reserve list, and international members are welcome as well. If the tour eventually runs its course in the states I might look to a moderator somewhere else on the globe to help me organize a tour down under, in the EU, or elsewhere.

Cobra Tour Continued - BOX #2:
Your name goes here

Cheers.

Last edited:
I really really, enjoyed my time with the cobra, what a wonderful razor to shave with!!! I wish I wasn't on the sabbitical list this year and of course had the $$$ for one, I might be in trouble!!! Thanx for letting me try it out!!!

Thanks for the update, and adding me to the list. I'm really excited about trying this razor out and I sincerely appreciate your generosity with setting this up.

Hi Gents,

I have received a number of messages inquiring about the status of the tour, when the razor will be arriving, etc., so I am reposting the tour list so that participating members will know who to send the razor to and where they are in the rotation.

Cobra Tour Continued - BOX #1:
Doodi1 (received razor today)
MondoJ
smalltank
colaim
Bravoure
random-hero
Blade Boy
itaforte

As noted in a previous post my other Cobra recently returned from visiting TheVez2 in Afghanistan, and I have decided I am willing to send my second Cobra on tour for a while. I am initially welcoming U.S. members that joined prior to 2012 to contact me to be added to the tour list. The limitation to U.S. members is simply one of logistics and cost (i.e., shipping the razor across counties will take more time and be more expensive), and I want to offer the opportunity to active members that have been around B&B for a while. HOWEVER, I encourage newer members that are interested to contact me and I will add you to the reserve list, and international members are welcome as well. If the tour eventually runs its course in the states I might look to a moderator somewhere else on the globe to help me organize a tour down under, in the EU, or elsewhere.

Cobra Tour Continued - BOX #2:
Your name goes here

Cheers.

It may be that Badger and Blade's interest in the Cobra Classic has come to an end and I need to let the tour wind down. Obviously I am a Cobra Classic fanboy. :adoration: However, I wanted to let the community know that a fellow B&Ber approached me and has offered to loan their razor to the tour IF THERE IS ADEQUATE INTEREST. If you have interest in taking the razor for a test shave, please see the details above regarding adding your name to Box #1, Box #2 or...Box #3.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Well… after 8 wonderful shaves the Cobra is cleaned, disinfected and on its way to MondoJ.

How do I describe shaving with the Cobra? In two words: Super-Efficient!

It is at least as efficient as my Muhle R41, my BRW Gillette “New” LC, my GEM MMOC, and my Merkur Futur and Progress opened up to 4+. The Cobra does in 2 passes what it takes most other razors 3 passes + to achieve. It does it with little drama and worries about razor burn, nicks, and weepers.
Don’t be lulled into a sense of complacency, because the Feathers can bite you if you are sloppy and inattentive, but I dare say this is as easy to use as my Gillette Slim or Fatboy, but cuts like the R41!

Pros: Easy to use and very short learning curve.
Cuts your beard like nobody’s business
Blade lasts a long time (10 + shaves based on my estimate)
Pretty to look at!

Cons: Blades can be somewhat pricey, but the Feathers are worth it. For this test, I shaved 8 times, three passes each and the feather was holding up well for me at the end of the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] shave. I think it had another one or two shaves in it before it would start tugging,
If you enjoy the blade against your skin feel, like the Muhle R41, GEM MMOC, and the FUTUR gives you while you are shaving, you will be disappointed with this razor. The Cobra does its business with minimum drama and utmost efficiency.
Will I buy one? Absolutely! After I buy the new First Edition Tradere razor and pay Alex for what he is holding for me, my next purchase will be a Cobra. It’s a must have for me!:001_wub:

Top Bottom