What's new

Christmas Dinner Plate OCD Poll

Can different foods touch on your plate?

• Yes

• No

• I need therapy

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have observed something quirky about one on my relatives.

When preparing a Christmas dinner plate, none of the different foods on the plate can touch.

Also, prior to loading up on seconds, the plate must be washed.

Please vote and add any insight.

This is meant to be tongue in cheek and I am in no way making light of the very painful and real suffering of those afflicted with mental illness.

Last edited:
I enjoy eating too much to worry about if my food touches or not. I figure it's all going to mix together in my stomach anyway :001_tt2:

I strongly prefer no contact between different foods, but if they do touch, I'll still eat them.
Now for the dish, I am too lazy when eating to wash or change to another plate.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I used to have a problem with it but don't care anymore. I voted therapy because, truthfully, we could all use it :biggrin:

This is meant to be tongue in cheek and I am in no way making light of the very painful and real suffering of those afflicted with mental illness.

I may need to reevaluate my thoughts on this subject. I've never associated space between food with mental illness. OCD I guess would fall into that category. I apologize for anyone who reads my above post as anything other than the way I do it.

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I have a niece and a grand-niece who are like that. I usually chuckle about it. Personally, I like all my foods to touch, just to annoy them. Sometimes, I mix them all up; that really kills them

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a niece and a grand-niece who are like that. I usually chuckle about it. Personally, I like all my foods to touch, just to annoy them. Sometimes, I mix them all up; that really kills them
On Thanksgiving i will mix my stuffing, sweet potato, and cranberries and put gravy on it.

Peas mixed with mashed potatoes and gravy is one of my favorites.

You don't really like it. You just discovered (as did I) that it is the easiest way to get rid of the peas. It can get kinda ugly when you try mixing them with stuffing. Who wants green stuffing?

I usually don't mind different foods touching but I draw the line at Jell-O. Nothing worse than melted Jell-O running underneath everything else and poisoning it all.

I don't care if things touch. My sister at one time bought a plate with dividers that she use. The funny thing is her husband dumps everything in the middle of his plate an mile high.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's all gonna touch inside my tummy, so why not let it get some practice on the plate?

Top Bottom