What's new

Christmas Cookie Exchange? Thoughts?

Can we do a Christmas Cookie Swap?

• Absolutey, we can make this work!

• Not a chance, I'm a negative Nellie who doesn't believe in magic.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stellar idea! Thanks for volunteering to head this up, Tony!

$scared003.gif

No turkey joints for you!

I'm game to try a cookie exchange, provided that I can be assured that the other participants are better bakers than I!

Even cookies that are stored in a sealed container will start to dry out. By putting a piece of bread in, the moisture from the bread will transfer to the cookies, keeping them fresher longer. You end up with good cookies, and a dried out piece of bread. I've been doing it for years.

You are going to lose the crispness of any cookie edges this way for sure. Although that happens even when you put a bunch in a bag by themselves. It depends on the type of cookie whether this is a big loss or not.

Believe it or not, I am collecting cookie recipes! I haven't baked cookies more than twice in my life, but I have a brand-new apartment with an everything-I-never-had kitchen, so look out Santa, here come cookies.

You are going to lose the crispness of any cookie edges this way for sure. Although that happens even when you put a bunch in a bag by themselves. It depends on the type of cookie whether this is a big loss or not.

You wouldn't do it with a cookie that was supposed to be dry and crispy. You'd use it for cookies that are supposed to be soft, like chocolate chip cookies.

So the consensus is, if I were to organize something of the such, there would be ready and willing participants?

Yes, I'm in! I found recipes for three that are within my (small) means, (untested) talents, and (meagre) equipment. This could be much fun. With cookies!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Not in Jessy but a good idea.
I don't want to use the fine members at B&B as human guinea pigs for my first attempt at making cookies.

You wouldn't do it with a cookie that was supposed to be dry and crispy. You'd use it for cookies that are supposed to be soft, like chocolate chip cookies.

But I like my chocolate chip cookies chewy with a crisp edge! Okay, okay, just trying to be difficult. :tongue_sm

The best way I've found is to throw them in the freezer until they are hard (so they don't smoosh in the next step), then vacuum seal them with a FoodSaver.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I actually really like this idea. The fusion of the Nib and Mess Hall forums... a cookie recipe swap!!

Make your cookies, snap a shot and list a recipe. As a bonus the winner receives a one year membership to the jelly of the month club.:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom