What's new

Chicago double

I finally got my trip to Chicago from KC. Today I did the B&B double. Century Pens and Merz Apothecary.

The two gentlemen working at Century Pens know their stuff and are super friendly and helpful. I asked about a Visconti pen. Century stopped carrying Visconti because of the poor quality. Many people brought their Visconti back to the shop in pieces. The most expensive pen at Century is $450 (several to choose from). I loved the look and feel of a Diplomat, but didn't buy because of the price tag. However I did not leave empty handed. My wife got a very nice Waterford Marquis ball point in purple and a Pilot Varsity in pink. Happy Anniversary babe.

Followed up the stop at Century with a stop at Merz (in the Palmer House). But that tale is for a different forum.

Will

Oh Will, looks now like I'll have to make a trip into the city. Century, Mertz, and a little Thai place or son took me last fall.

I hadn't heard of Century before. Looks like quite a place.

We got to the Chicago Pen show last month. It was smaller than I expected, somehow. But we enjoyed it. One of the busiest booths was Anderson Pen Company. http://www.andersonpens.com/
They're up in Appleton WI, a ways North of Milwaukee.

Oh Will, looks now like I'll have to make a trip into the city. Century, Mertz, and a little Thai place or son took me last fall.

I hadn't heard of Century before. Looks like quite a place.

We got to the Chicago Pen show last month. It was smaller than I expected, somehow. But we enjoyed it. One of the busiest booths was Anderson Pen Company. http://www.andersonpens.com/
They're up in Appleton WI, a ways North of Milwaukee.

I'm familiar with Anderson Pens. I bought parts for an Esterbrook restore for my Dad for Father's Day.

I did, though "restoration" consisted of replacing the sac and buying a new nib from Anderson Pen. The lever filling mechanism is in great shape.

Dad worked for Bell Labs his entire adult life, so I'm hoping he likes this: $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434914252.486290.jpg

Top Bottom