What's new

Cheap Splashes are for Real Men

AT 0737 hours, I posted about wanting to try Barbasol Brisk. It is now 0828 and I am in possession of both scents. Yes, I ran out to the nearest Dollar General and bought them. Waaaay cheaper than online prices, too. $1.75 each. Can't wait to try them later.

Glad you found it. DG is the only store around here that sells those and I think that's the same price I paid a couple of months ago. I like the Pacific Rush a little better than the Brisk but both are well worth the money. If you have any Mennen Skin Bracer see if you can tell any substantial difference between that and Brisk.

Last edited:
I think I'll visit my local DG store and see if they have those fragrances in stock. I can always use a few more aftershaves.

This thread inspired me yesterday. Went to a Dollar General and a Family Dollar. The DG had no after shave at all. Bought a 7 oz. bottle of FD Old Spice knock-off for $2. Can't wait to try it today.

I was dying to buy some blades, but all they had were Dorcos, no Personnas.

+1 Skin Bracer, Pinaud esp. Bay Rum, Florida Water.
Great burn, citrus scent, and less than 4 bucks at Walgreens.
$FloridaWater.jpg

Last edited:
This thread inspired me yesterday. Went to a Dollar General and a Family Dollar. The DG had no after shave at all. Bought a 7 oz. bottle of FD Old Spice knock-off for $2. Can't wait to try it today. I was dying to buy some blades, but all they had were Dorcos, no Personnas.

I bought the $2 FD bottle of Vi-Jon Old spice and I like it. I had the same experience at one of those stores, Dorcos were all they had.

+1 Skin Bracer, Pinaud esp. Bay Rum, Florida Water.
Great burn, citrus scent, and less than 4 bucks at Walgreens.

I'd like to try some of this but according to their "Find a store" ours doesn't stock it. Plus the last time I checked they only had the Pinaud Clubman. Not one of my "go to" chains here, they also have the highest price around on Dickenson's WH.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the thread. Gotta find me some Florida Water locally before I go online. I refuse to make any online orders until I've totally exhausted just about every drugstore in my city.

Last edited:
I really like Aqua Velva Ice Blue. It just works for me. The menthol, moisturizing, healing and scent are just right for me. Also I can buy it for cheap locally. It's my favorite at this time.

I like AV also...but whats up with that hole???
You tip the bottle and half of it comes out :(
Clubman and Tiger has a pin hole which is nice...

I like AV also...but whats up with that hole???
You tip the bottle and half of it comes out :(
Clubman and Tiger has a pin hole which is nice...

Yeah, bro...I know exactly what you mean by the AV pouring out all over the side of the bottle and leaving a blue mark on the sink.

It's a minor inconvenience for me since it smells so darn good.

Yeah, bro...I know exactly what you mean by the AV pouring out all over the side of the bottle and leaving a blue mark on the sink.

It's a minor inconvenience for me since it smells so darn good.

I hear ya...
bad design for consumer
great design for company

not minor for me ...at 3.4 oz , I'd hope to get more than 3 uses...
:cursing:

Last edited:
You have to learn to put your finger over it. Once you figure that out, I don't spill it anymore.

I have a smaller bottle of the Ice Sport. It has a smaller hole, but still to big. I've thought about moving it to the larger bottle (they're the same size neck).

Talking about budget splashes ...

My 400ml bottle of Vitos "after shaving" splash was €17, 50
That is €4, 40 per 100ml. Not ultracheap, but it may well be my best aftershave splash!

I got bored today and decided to go on an "Aftershave Hunt" after reading all of the great recommendations from you gentlemen.

While I was at Walgreens to score some Florida Water on the other side of the city, I noticed the Brut "Special Reserve". I was pumped when I saw it, so guess what? It's in my den.

I stopped at Dollar General and got the Barbasol Pacific Rush - they were out of Brisk.

Last, but not least...the Gillette splash that smells just like the gel.

I'll let you guys know how they work for me as I use them.

I think I'm going to chill now. No more aftershaves until September. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407115097.207605.jpg

There is a distinct lack of the Master line in this thread. If you've got a Sally's Beauty Supply nearby, pick up the Bay Rum. And after you're done looking around all those drugstores, check out appletonbarbersupply.com for some of the other flavors of Master.

There is a distinct lack of the Master line in this thread. If you've got a Sally's Beauty Supply nearby, pick up the Bay Rum. And after you're done looking around all those drugstores, check out appletonbarbersupply.com for some of the other flavors of Master.

I'm pretty sure that my local Sally's only carries Clubman Original, but I may have to look a little closer. Thank's for the idea, bro.

The Florida Water smells similar to Clubman Bay Rum in my opinion. Anybody agree?

Interesting observation about the Barbasol Brisk and Pacific Rush aftershaves:
Both smell weaker than Skin Bracer and AV Ice Blue
I used Brisk last night. I could detect the smell on me hours and hours later, like 8 hours.
Skin Bracer fades on me very quickly. Funny how the bottle aroma is stronger for SB, but Brisk sticks around much longer.
Interesting.

Yes! I, too will try my hardest to try to find my aftershaves and soaps locally before going online. About a year ago, when I first started getting serious about traditional wetshaving, I would order something online only to find it locally a few days later. Frustrating. I now have sources for almost the entire Pinaud line locally here in Dallas. My father wore Brut while I was growing up so I will always have an affection for that scent. I am a Clubman man myself. But I find the two very similar. I am 32 and love these classics. Aqua Velva is amazing as well.

Yes! I, too will try my hardest to try to find my aftershaves and soaps locally before going online. About a year ago, when I first started getting serious about traditional wetshaving, I would order something online only to find it locally a few days later. Frustrating. I now have sources for almost the entire Pinaud line locally here in Dallas. My father wore Brut while I was growing up so I will always have an affection for that scent. I am a Clubman man myself. But I find the two very similar. I am 32 and love these classics. Aqua Velva is amazing as well.

Hey, brotha...I lived in DFW for 3yrs and visit regularly. What spots besides AOS sell wet-shaving gear? I'm headed down there in a few weeks.

Top Bottom