What's new

Castle Forbes Balms

The 1445 is pretty awesome. I haven't looked lately, but had a bell of a time getting some last year as everyone was sold out. I don't know how anyone couldn't love the scent.

They are very well made, and the scents match the creams very well. However, per my needs, the balms aren't moisturizing enough. They start out rather tacky, but ultimately leave my face feeling tight. It's too bad, because they're a great complement to the creams. I would still recommend them, though, to people who like lighter-textured balms.

I have 2 of the C-F shave creams and I'd love to try the matching balms but every time I see the $60 price tag I run away.

I can vouch for the good qualities of Castle Forbes Lime and 1445 aftershave balms!
Both excellent performance and great scents!

I have 2 of the C-F shave creams and I'd love to try the matching balms but every time I see the $60 price tag I run away.

Royal Shave carries them for just under $50 a bottle. That's still a chunk of change, but it's a five-ounce bottle, which is larger than most competing brands. For instance, The Gentlemens Refinery balm is $40 for a 3.4 ounce bottle, which makes it 20% more expensive than CF, per unit. In fact, I was pleased to see that when CF switched to plastic bottles, the size went up (in glass, it used to be 4.25 ounces), while the price stayed the same. So, ironically, they've actually become a relatively affordable option in their class.

Royal Shave carries them for just under $50 a bottle. That's still a chunk of change, but it's a five-ounce bottle, which is larger than most competing brands. For instance, The Gentlemens Refinery balm is $40 for a 3.4 ounce bottle, which makes it 20% more expensive than CF, per unit. In fact, I was pleased to see that when CF switched to plastic bottles, the size went up (in glass, it used to be 4.25 ounces), while the price stayed the same. So, ironically, they've actually become a relatively affordable option in their class.

Thanks Jerry! Royal Shave is my 'go to' estore for a number of reasons, mostly for the modest $35 for free shipping. As a matter of fact, the Cedar & Sandalwood I have I ordered from them and was my first experience with any of the CF creams. That was not my first choice but they had a sale going on and the other 2 flavors were out of stock.

Thanks Jerry! Royal Shave is my 'go to' estore for a number of reasons, mostly for the modest $35 for free shipping. As a matter of fact, the Cedar & Sandalwood I have I ordered from them and was my first experience with any of the CF creams. That was not my first choice but they had a sale going on and the other 2 flavors were out of stock.

I came late to the game with the CF cedarwood/sandalwood cream. I'd had the lavender and lime for years - even before CF even put out the c/s. When the c/s came out, it got such mixed reviews, I was put off. I finally bit the bullet a few months ago, and discovered I like it at least as much as the lavender (which I prefer to the lime), and may even like it better. I think it's a great scent if you like true, no-frills wood. How do you like it?

enjoyed the Castle Forbes Lime balm today! Straight and potent lime scent, with nice moisturizing.

proxy.php

I came late to the game with the CF cedarwood/sandalwood cream. I'd had the lavender and lime for years - even before CF even put out the c/s. When the c/s came out, it got such mixed reviews, I was put off. I finally bit the bullet a few months ago, and discovered I like it at least as much as the lavender (which I prefer to the lime), and may even like it better. I think it's a great scent if you like true, no-frills wood. How do you like it?

To be totally honest that is still 'in the dugout'. I like the scent but I have yet to lather or shave with it.

Small bottles can be had from Menessentials. They are the so-called travel size. I quite like the CF balms. Put a small amount on very quickly, as they dry fast. That makes them excellent for summer, actually. In winter, I love the QCS and PdP balms. L'Occitane are also in the best in winter category, due to the fact that they almost seem to reactivate when they encounter a small amount of moisture on the face (sweat). I am among those who really like balms all year 'round, and the CF ones definitely have a spot in my rotation.

I had heard the travel sizes (both cream and balm) had been discontinued, although I don't know if that's correct. Perhaps the available supplies are old stock? Regardless, at the price Menessentials is charging ($30 for 50ml), that really is an expensive way to try the balm. That's equivalent to a full-size bottle costing $90.

Finally got the CF balm to go with my CF lavender shaving cream, can't wait to try it...

$image.jpg

Was glad to still find it available in the glass bottle older version :001_smile

I have the unsented and the sandlewood in both travel size soap/balm....although the product works very nicely I cannot stand their sandlewood smell....the unsented ill use but not my favorite.

I started off with samples. I loved them so I bit the bullet and got the Lime. Lavendar is on order now. These have become my favorite weekend shave balms. (So envious of someone lucky enough to get the glass bottles. Where did you find those?)

I started off with samples. I loved them so I bit the bullet and got the Lime. Lavendar is on order now. These have become my favorite weekend shave balms. (So envious of someone lucky enough to get the glass bottles. Where did you find those?)

I got the glass bottle version from a seller here in the UK called The Grooming Clinic. They'll no doubt switch to the plastic bottles when they have to restock. I've just ordered some CF 'The Pre-Shave' now too. Looks like that's the glass bottle version as well :001_smile hope that's as good as the rest of their stuff.

Top Bottom