What's new

Calling all Boston locals & etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning a get together on Saturday April 10 at noon at a to-be-announced antique shop min Waltham. The on to Stoddards in Newton and then the options are open. Bring your stones, razors to be honed or shown off, and appetite for food and grog.

So far Jared (danjared), me, and David in Boston are on. More the merrier but we can always plan another if you can't make this one. Post here if you are interested and can make it.

A Boston meet? Sounds like fun!

Also, I've been to the flea market in Buzzards Bay a few times, and you can sometimes find some good deals on razors. It's best to get there earlier, since there is a guy who goes to pick up razors to sell on the bay.

I'd like to, but its a bit of a haul for me. As you can see I'm from the other Massachusetts. I'm right by the N.Y. border, but we have lots of antique shops out here and the surrounding area. If you're ever looking to see what the other Mass. looks like, drop me a PM and we can put something together. :wink2: :001_tongu :w00t:

I can't make April 10, unfortunately -- I'm spending that weekend traveling to Baltimore and Minneapolis for the Twins and Orioles home openers.

April 24, though, I can definitely do. If that works for y'all, I'll be there. If you stick with April 10, well, at least I'm missing it for baseball, and not for something boring.

April 24 it is. David will list the address in Waltham of the antique shop he knows & where we'll meet around noon. Then off to Stoddards in Newton. See you there!

Jake, should we advertise this in the main forum? I don't know how many people read The Barber Shop, but I'm guessing it's a small fraction of the general readership.

Good idea -- please post it over there. Maybe we can increase the size of our group. Thanks.

Well I suppose we should settle on a place to meet and address the transportation issue.

If I may suggest, lets meet in Harvard Square at 12 noon at a location everyone knows.

As for transportation, what person or persons are volunteering their cars to transport our motley crew?

OK, I can drive my Passat wagon. It can hold 3 plus me since I have a chidl seat installed & would prefer not taking it out for the day since it is a pain to install correctly.

Noon on Saturday April 24. Colonial Drug?

Certainly works for me. Jake, I'd love a ride if you're willing. I'm a small guy, but probably not small enough for the child seat. So hopefully demand won't be too high.

<raises hand> That sounds good. I'd been thinking of going to one of the Boston-area shaving spots soon; this will work well for me.
(edit) wait, April 10 is what I was up for. April 24 is okay, but I'm going to head in before then. I'm up for meeting people on the 10th.

Sorry, the 10th ended up not working so well. If you can, come to town on the 24th also.

Alas, my son is having his Bar Mitzvah on April 24th.

Maybe I could ask the synagogue to change the day...

:tongue_sm

Jeff in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom