What's new

C.O. Bigelow

Actually there have been several posts/reviews about the canned Proraso. In a nutshell (as I recall): if you have to use canned foam, get the Proraso.
It's good to know that the canned Bigelow/Proraso is a quality product. I'm just disappointed that they would consider discontinuing the tube variety (or have already decided to do so, who knows at this point).

Last edited:
It's good to know that the canned Bigelow/Proraso is a quality product. I'm just disappointed that they would consider discontinuing the tube variety (or have already decided to do so, who knows at this point).

I would be vastly disappointed as well. C.O. Bigelow/ Proraso is a good quality product, and if it disappears that will be one less locally available product.

With the possible disappearance of Real Shaving Company as well (I have not been to my Rite Aid to see if they have restocked since the recent sale), that would leave Williams, VDH, and KMF Unscented as being all that is locally available.

I stopped into Bath and Body Works with my wife. She had a 20% off coupon, and was shopping for soaps/lotions. I was looking at the shaving cream, and the lady behind the counter let me know that it was $5 each or 3 for $10. The 20% off coupon also applied, so it ended up being 3 tubes for $8.

I ended up buying 3 tubes of cream and picked up some of the blue aftershave balm. Anyone have experience with the C.O. Bigelow afterhsave?
The Bigelow bay rum is my favorite balm, I've picked it up on the the bay for about 13 bucks with shipping you just need to keep watching for deals

The store at my local mall had the smaller size, the girl told me they were sold out of the larger size but they would be getting more.

Depends where you are. If you have a large mall or malls nearby L'Occitane has shaving soap, there is probably an Art of Shaving store or a fancy dept store that carries it, and then you also have The Body Shop, which is in a ton of malls.

With the possible disappearance of Real Shaving Company as well (I have not been to my Rite Aid to see if they have restocked since the recent sale), that would leave Williams, VDH, and KMF Unscented as being all that is locally available.

Depends where you are. If you have a large mall or malls nearby L'Occitane has shaving soap, there is probably an Art of Shaving store or a fancy dept store that carries it, and then you also have The Body Shop, which is in a ton of malls.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant locally available for me.

I live two hours north of Detroit, which has a couple of locations selling Art of Shaving. There is also "The Body Shop", and a "L'Occitane" store as well. Along with at least two locations specializing in wet shaving supplies.

However, a four hour drive to stock up on wet shaving supplies is not very economically feasible. It's far easier (and cheaper) to just spend $5-$10 on shipping, and order online.

Wow, I didn't know C.O. Bigelow still had stores. They closed the ones around Philadelphia. They always had excellent deals shortly after Christmas on "sample packs." I spent $30 and got 4 packs, each of which had a travel size Proraso tube, cologne, aftershave balm, body mist, and a $10 off coupon for some random item in the store.

Top Bottom