What's new

Bushcraft / Bushcraft videos

Ad Astra

The Instigator
While laid up with covid last week, I took the opportunity to binge-watch a ton of bushcraft videos on YouTube.

Apparently now paracord has been replaced (in the happening world) with "bank line," tarred twisted nylon cordage. You CAN carry more of it, and it really can hold structures together. I was missing something!

Vowing to get out in the colder weather and experiment with some of these building techniques. Back in the day we had improved hunting camps, but there are a lot of innovations these days. Anyways.

I like Dave Canterbury (of course!), Ranger Survival and Corporal's Corner - last one is a bit over the top, but the guy is really hard-working and makes incredible shelters out of ... skills! :a14:

Cooler. Time to get out there again! Who possesses and practices mad bushcraft skills? What video guys do you recommend?

AA

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I occasionally watch some but I haven’t been camping for years. I have been watching a lot of Stealth Camping Videos lately. I seem to enjoy watching people trying to camp and hide at the same time.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I occasionally watch some but I haven’t been camping for years. I have been watching a lot of Stealth Camping Videos lately. I seem to enjoy watching people trying to camp and hide at the same time.
Agree! 🤔 Camping in the unlikely places, Dakota fire pits etc. Not my idea of relaxing, personally, but good TV.

The stealth RV thing is interesting. Magnetic fake commercial sign, icebox drain looks like a/c drip, etc. Lots of tricks.

AA

I like Coal cracker's videos. Also a lot of good information on Townsend's. Townsend's isn't a "Bushcraft" channel. It's Colonial/Revolutionary era, but covers a lot of skills used by longhunters and pioneers.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I like Coal cracker's videos. Also a lot of good information on Townsend's. Townsend's isn't a "Bushcraft" channel. It's Colonial/Revolutionary era, but covers a lot of skills used by longhunters and pioneers.

Love Jas Townsend's stuff and videos! See his video on making the colonial staple, salt pork- fascinating.

AA

I enjoy a YT channel called Far North Bushcraft and Survival. I am never likely to find myself in that boreal forest kind of environment, but it's entertaining and informative stuff.

Top Bottom