What's new

Bugs in Lucky Tiger Bay Rum?

I have a bottle of Lucky Tiger Bay Rum that has been around a couple of years. Today, I shook it up and noticed black floaters inside the bottle. On inspection, I discovered they were small bugs. No other aftershave shows this. But this has sugar (sucrose) as an ingredient. Very weird. Bottle was capped but half full.

I used to work in a winery and we always had fruit flies everywhere. We'd spray the equipment down with a spray bottle of cheap vodka to keep them off.

Well, sometimes the bottling line would jam with all the full bottles sitting there waiting to be corked and the flies would just load into all the bottles. Then we'd fix the jam and start the line again, corking those flies into the bottles.

I used to work in a winery and we always had fruit flies everywhere.
Fruit flies would also get into the s-traps installed on the demi-jon corks while our wine was fermenting. The gasses could get out but nothing could get into the vino because of teh water filled traps- except the flies that flew in and drowned in teh trap.

One time i had a vinegar container that was corked, but the cork had a tiny hole in it so the vinegar wouldn't pour out. When i poured out the vinegar onto my salad it was full of ants. Lesson learned there.

I have a bottle of Lucky Tiger Bay Rum that has been around a couple of years. Today, I shook it up and noticed black floaters inside the bottle. On inspection, I discovered they were small bugs. No other aftershave shows this. But this has sugar (sucrose) as an ingredient. Very weird. Bottle was capped but half full.
A similar thing happened to a Great Uncle of mine, who succumbed to a tragic freak brewery accident.

He fell into a vast beer vat.

The Coroner said it was a slow death. Forensic analysis of footprints showed he got out 247 times to go to the toilet.

Last edited:
Fruit flies would also get into the s-traps installed on the demi-jon corks while our wine was fermenting. The gasses could get out but nothing could get into the vino because of teh water filled traps- except the flies that flew in and drowned in teh trap.

One time i had a vinegar container that was corked, but the cork had a tiny hole in it so the vinegar wouldn't pour out. When i poured out the vinegar onto my salad it was full of ants. Lesson learned there.
Fruit flies are immortal when they don’t drown.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
All life on this planet originated through the decomposition of organic matter. Think of "il formaggio e i vermi;" that is, the way maggots seem to miraculously appear on cheese or other food (or in an uncovered garbage pail) if you leave it outside for a few days in the summer.

Follow the science, men. Follow the science.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A delicacy in Sardinia and other parts of far southern Italy.
That's really not nice. The Italian phrase was the title of a book.

Screenshot_20230511_145946_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom