What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

I'm still noticing funk with my B&B. I have about 5 lathers with it too.

Kirk

Hey Kirk, Not sure if you tried the Dawn dish soap trick posted in the tutorials but it seriously helped mine. I had a NASTY funk on mine and it is completely gone. This thing is SWEET now.
:thumbup1:

Yes! :lol: My new one stinks, but it's a manly funk. I'm only glad I didn't have to take the nape of this boar's neck in my teeth, bringing it down, bacon-be-damned. I'd rather snack on the end of a festered skunk, I would. :blink:

Use it every day for a week.
Either the smell will be gone, or you'll be so used to it that you'll think it's gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! :lol: My new one stinks, but it's a manly funk. I'm only glad I didn't have to take the nape of this boar's neck in my teeth, bringing it down, bacon-be-damned. I'd rather snack on the end of a festered skunk, I would. :blink:

Ooooohhhhh, careful, that's custom title territory, especially when the mods are around.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys could just commission a custom boar brush made in whatever color and handle style you like from any number of brush handle makers.

not that big of a deal to me....I have one of the frosted blue B&B brushes and I like it a lot....just not crazy about the way it feels in my hand...I'm glad I have one and was able to show support of B&B...but there are so many brushes to try I don't see me getting duplicates of any of my brushes unless I just flat wear one out that I love

I am noticing some of the funk going away after each shave. I have used it everyday for at least 5 days now. Will use it for a few more days and then put it into my rotation. <smiling>

Kirk

Mine was pretty funky to start. Gave it a Dawn soak for a few hours first night, lathered conditioner in the shower, shaved with it once, and have twice left lather on it overnight.
After all that, the smell is almost gone. Certainly far enough gone that it isn't "stinky" any more, just has some noticeable scent left which will go away with time (my Omega 49 didn't seem to take very long). I've noticed with boar brushes the bristles seem to hang onto soap scent more so than badger brushes (which is kind of nice, getting a whiff of whatever you used last if you give the brush a sniff).

I finally got around to taking pictures of all my B&B Essentials. There are more pictures in this post:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/316932-Brush-It-s-Back!?p=5394995&highlight=#post5394995

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom