What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Anybody have a updated pic of all the brushes thus far?
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&quot]"A good picture is equivalent to a good deed." Vincent Van Gogh [/FONT]

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I didnt really care what the color was. I just wanted a B&B brush. I like the color of this one. But even if it was a color I hated, I would have still gotten one, as the color wont affect the lather. However, for my second one, I may be a little more picky about the color.

Mine arrived the other day, but I am traveling overseas and wont get to use it for a couple of weeks. But I know its waiting for me when I get home. I am fixing to have my wife send me a photo of it today. I'm traveling with a Plisson L'Occitane and a cheap badger, so I am in good hands until I get home.

After hand lathering and dumping the cream I finally used the Lava Orange brush this morning for face lathering and a real shave. This is my first experience with a boar brush (badger user), and I love the backbone on it, I'll need to use it a few more times to get rid of some to the scritchyness. Overall I think I'll be happy with this purchase, but time will tell.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If you like it even just a little, right now, you're gonna love it once it breaks in a bit more.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm sitting on the fence with this and a lot of other purchases, not because of colour or whatever, but because the Canadian Dollar is particularly weak right now, compared to the US dollar. We got used to a "parity-ish" dollar, and now that it's worth 0.80 instead of 0.96 of a US dollar, that is a hard pill to swallow.

So I wait.

After hand lathering and dumping the cream I finally used the Lava Orange brush this morning for face lathering and a real shave. This is my first experience with a boar brush (badger user), and I love the backbone on it, I'll need to use it a few more times to get rid of some to the scritchyness. Overall I think I'll be happy with this purchase, but time will tell.

Give it a couple weeks for the tips to split and I think you will be very happy with it if you like back bone.

Mine came in today, and I could not be happier with the color. Mine looks light orange more than what I would call melon or salmon. Pictures definitely do not do the color justice. Love the color and certainly a huge burst of glitterati.

Mine came in today, and I could not be happier with the color. Mine looks light orange more than what I would call melon or salmon. Pictures definitely do not do the color justice. Love the color and certainly a huge burst of glitterati.
In the right light does it look like an inferno?

So this is my first B&B brush and I have been using it pretty much exclusively. But mine is shedding about 1 hair per shave is this normal with this brush during break in stage?

So this is my first B&B brush and I have been using it pretty much exclusively. But mine is shedding about 1 hair per shave is this normal with this brush during break in stage?

I've lost a hair or two per shave, as well. I'm assuming this will settle down after a few shaves.

I have some boar brushes, including Omega 11137, pro 49 (on the way), Semogue 610, 1800 (on the way), SOC.
I really like them.
I even think that finding a boar better than SOC is quite hard.
From the viewpoint of a boar, B&B essential is not low-priced,
and I am hesitating if it is worthwhile to purchase a B&B essential.
Thanks for your advices.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I can't speak to the new brush, but I recall my pink one shedding a bit in the beginning, not a whole lot (half a dozen hairs, give or take?). It hasn't shed in some time, though.

My wife has used the new one a couple times. I'll ask her what she's noticed.

I've got a couple hundreds shaves on a B&B boar. It lost several hairs in the first few weeks, then settled down. Nothing unusual.

I have some boar brushes, including Omega 11137, pro 49 (on the way), Semogue 610, 1800 (on the way), SOC.
I really like them.
I even think that finding a boar better than SOC is quite hard.
From the viewpoint of a boar, B&B essential is not low-priced,
and I am hesitating if it is worthwhile to purchase a B&B essential.
Thanks for your advices.

Its a boar hair shaving brush with a limited edition handle for 20 bucks. Not sure what more I could say?

Top Bottom