What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Wald A1 Nimbus Gengar/Haunter

Absolutely killer synthetic. Doesn’t have that super springy backbone.

IMG_0703.jpeg

•Razor company dealer exclusive APshave co G5C 24mm

•Semogue Owners Club Cherrywood 2 Band Badger

IMG_4712.jpeg

IMG_4706.jpeg

Beautiful handles on both!

I asked the eBay seller of the Semogue to pick me a handle with some nice grain and he delivered. I put some butchers block conditioner on the handle.
The knot smelled like burnt hair and wet dog the first time getting wet but seems to have completely gone away. Besides that, it seems like a really nice knot.

The G5C is a pretty large brush, larger than my Zenith 507. I thought it would be smaller being 24mm, not the case.
The knot seems really cool, I’m looking forward to trying it out.

•Razor company dealer exclusive APshave co G5C 24mm

•Semogue Owners Club Cherrywood 2 Band Badger

View attachment 1831447

View attachment 1831448

Beautiful handles on both!

I asked the eBay seller of the Semogue to pick me a handle with some nice grain and he delivered. I put some butchers block conditioner on the handle.
The knot smelled like burnt hair and wet dog the first time getting wet but seems to have completely gone away. Besides that, it seems like a really nice knot.

The G5C is a pretty large brush, larger than my Zenith 507. I thought it would be smaller being 24mm, not the case.
The knot seems really cool, I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Two lovely brushes, congratulations! The SOC is stunning after you put the conditioner on.
The might Pegasus Mistura has just arrived!

The Pegasus' handle is bigger and heavier than the SOC's and I like it better. But, it's worth remembering that I have big hands. According to my father, I would be a great pianist and a terrible obstetrician.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

View attachment 1832214
Anxious to learn how you like it. I’m following with interest to determine if a Pegasus is in my future, and which one. Congratulations, my friend!

Two lovely brushes, congratulations! The SOC is stunning after you put the conditioner on.

Anxious to learn how you like it. I’m following with interest to determine if a Pegasus is in my future, and which one. Congratulations, my friend!
Thank you very much for the mention and for the kind words, dear friend. I debuted Pegasus Mistura today, straight from the box, without any preparation, except for soaking it overnight. I think it will be my favorite brush once it softens up a bit. For now he is a lather eater. I ended up using twice as much soap as I normally do.

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Thank you very much for the mention and for the kind words, dear friend. I debuted Pegasus Mistura today, straight from the box, without any preparation, except for soaking it overnight. I think it will be my favorite brush once it softens up a bit. For now he is a lather eater. I ended up using twice as much soap as I normally do.

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers!
❤️🪒
This is the post that pushed me over the top today and buy the Pegasus Mistura. I have the 2023 TSN Mistura, which has the same knot dimensions, so in no way did I need to make this purchase today, except that 2023 TSN Mistura is already one of my all time favorite knots, plus it’s in a tortoise shell with gold accents handle 😬😬 I couldn’t take it anymore!! Hope you ppl are happy with yourselves!!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This is the post that pushed me over the top today and buy the Pegasus Mistura. I have the 2023 TSN Mistura, which has the same knot dimensions, so in no way did I need to make this purchase today, except that 2023 TSN Mistura is already one of my all time favorite knots, plus it’s in a tortoise shell with gold accents handle 😬😬 I couldn’t take it anymore!! Hope you ppl are happy with yourselves!!
I'm on the tipping point.... but I'm sure I'll own one in the not too distant future... I loved my SOC Taj and Butterscotch Misturas... but the 24mm was just a bit too small for me... The new Pegasus Mistura.. what a beautiful brush.....

I'm on the tipping point.... but I'm sure I'll own one in the not too distant future... I loved my SOC Taj and Butterscotch Misturas... but the 24mm was just a bit too small for me... The new Pegasus Mistura.. what a beautiful brush.....
From what I understand the Pegasus C7 will stay as one of their “Classic” line brushes and based on how fast this first batch sold out, I imagine they will be around for a long time to keep tormenting you 😉

Congratulations, dear friend!
You have two of the best Mistura.
I think it's kind of an acquired taste, as it requires a little time and patience to soften. But it ends up evolving along with us.
I hope it brings you lots of joy.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Last edited:
Top Bottom