What's new

Brotherhood of Unscented Gentlemen Shavers

Second time using Shannon's NIL. I don't see this displacing Canada as my favorite unscented soap, but it's definitely a keeper.

full

I'm a nighttime shaver mostly so I typically only use scented aftershave products like splashes on days when I shave in the morning.

I don't like it when my bed and pillow smells like Tabac or some other product.

For this reason I also try to use soaps/creams and foams that are not too heavily scented. Nivea foam, my favourite foam, is excellent in that regard because it has hardly any scent.

The ring of death is getting worse and worse on my MacDuff’s Aspen Parkland. Maybe 10 more shaves and it will be gone…
IMG_3608.jpeg

Luckily I have a fresh new tub ready to go! This soap is so good I barely want to use anything else. It did double duty tonight, providing all the slickness needed for a fantastic face and head shave.

IMG_3607.jpeg
IMG_3606.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
What DE is that?
It's a Wilkinson Sword TTO. It was my first ever DE, I impulse purchased it from the grocery store about 3.5 years ago when I couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on cart refills again. I dusted it off this week after it sat on my shelf unused for 3 years, and it delivers nice shaves despite being kind of cheap. Good weight & balance and the long handle is really comfortable. The biggest negative is that the head is kind of large and it's tough to get the spot right above my ears.

sotd 30-3

This soap, next to the Sheep, is a must have if you like scentless / neutral soaps. Not in the photo unfortunately, but the soap was too good not to make a post about it '-)

Conclusion: excellent shave this morning.

PS: switched the RR GC with the Rocca just before the shave, so it is not in the photo.

Mühle - Rocca R96
Personna - Comfort coated (3)
Mühle - STF size M
Stirling - Naked & Smooth
Tabac - Original AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

full

Top Bottom