What's new

Bowl for Salter 100g Soap Puck

I'd like to buy a puck of Cyril Salter soap (100g) and a wooden bowl to fit. It looks like there used to be a wooden bowl for it:

Attachment-1.jpeg

But now it's nowhere to be found. Connaught Shaving has the pucks, but when I asked them about a bowl for it they said they don't have one that fits. It might be on the Cyril Salter website, but that's "to the trade" only. I've looked everywhere I can think of and come up empty, nada, zilch.

Does anyone know where I could find the bowl that's made to fit this 100g puck (or at least a puck of this size and shape)? Thanks.

If you are willing to flip the Cyril R. Salter (SRS) puck upside down you can use anything that will fit a Mitchell's Wool Fat puck. I prefer resealable containers with extra vertical space for easier loading and lather creation on the puck. Attached a link to these, with CRS and my D.R. Harris Soap in them. These containers also fit Mitchell's Wool Fat. Perfect for the CRS that is slightly wider enabling it to fit tightly and not spin. Note Connaught does have a 125g size container for Mitchell's Wool Fat that could be a fit if you flip the CRS.

If you are willing to flip the Cyril R. Salter (SRS) puck upside down you can use anything that will fit a Mitchell's Wool Fat puck. I prefer resealable containers with extra vertical space for easier loading and lather creation on the puck. Attached a link to these, with CRS and my D.R. Harris Soap in them. These containers also fit Mitchell's Wool Fat. Perfect for the CRS that is slightly wider enabling it to fit tightly and not spin. Note Connaught does have a 125g size container for Mitchell's Wool Fat that could be a fit if you flip the CRS.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a thorough answer. Very kind of you. And normally I'd go with that. But I'm really hoping for a fit like what's in the image I attached. I know at the end of the day it's only appearances and won't affect the shave, but it's for a gift, so the appearance counts.

If anyone else has any other information it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

You might want to check on Amazon. Last year I purchased a wooden bowl that was very reasonably priced.
Also, if you’re willing to consider a different soap. TOBS Sandalwood 100g puck ships in a really nice bowl.

Cyril R. Salter's tallow shave soap is a top notch soap. It's triple milled and lathers easily into a slick, cushion of shaving goodness.

My one lament about this soap is the shape. If it came in the same 3-inch puck size as MWF or Tabac, It would be perfect.

As with NOS Art of Shaving, I grate the Salter soap into plastic containers.

Cyril R. Salter's tallow shave soap is a top notch soap. It's triple milled and lathers easily into a slick, cushion of shaving goodness.

My one lament about this soap is the shape. If it came in the same 3-inch puck size as MWF or Tabac, It would be perfect.

As with NOS Art of Shaving, I grate the Salter soap into plastic containers.
Really great soap and cheap too considering what you get in the package. Quite curious, new formulation is with tallow which is untypical trend at least in Europe. Should be the same stuff as DR Harris, only in one scent and twice the cheap. CRS scent is very nice, though - it smells almost identical to Monsavon, only the scent is more lighter. Clean and fresh scent.

Top Bottom