What's new

Bone, Laser, Skrimshaw?

Well today is still "weekend" for me but I just could not wait to get back in the shop. Intrigued by Phil's (Luvmysuper) question and inspired by my road trip yesterday along the Connecticut shoreline, seeing a ton of Maritime artifacts and many Scrimshaw pieces my brain went into overdrive.
I grabbed an old blade and cleaned it up. Found a chunk of bone and hacked away at it until I found a set of scales inside of it then hit the switch on the laser and poof, a few hours later Scrimshaw on a set of bone scales.

proxy.php
Awesome, Ray!! :w00t:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
DISCLAIMER:

No whales were harmed in the scrimshawing of these scales.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to our regularly scheduled adoration.

:001_tt1: :w00t: :thumbup1: :thumbup: :biggrin1: :001_wub: :o16: :c18: :c15: :eek6: :a47: :a28: :punk: :eek2: :ouch1:

Ray - You are truly a :sorcerer:

Ray, that scrimshaw engraving looks amazing!

I can't wait to see what the Filarmonica engraving will look like when you're done.

Ray is laser engraving a Filarmonica harp badge onto a set of scales that Max re-did for me. It's a Filly #14 especial para barbas duras. The scales needed replacing, but I love the classic look of the Filarmonica harp on them. The combination of Max's scale work with Ray's laser skills will be pretty sharp (no pun intended)!

s.

Top Bottom