What's new

Body soaps and washes with menthol or mint.

So it is political then. Just curious is all. That stuff doesn't mean anything to me when buying a soap. Good reviews, on the other hand are often the reason I'll buy the soap. If the ingredients make a good soap, that's all I need to know.
Dr. Bronner's soaps are among the most popular, beloved soaps on the market for 60 years. I've used them since I discovered them in college, and have never ceased. Due to their soaps' quality and performance, but also because of their organizational and business values, their popularity only seems to grow.

Last edited:
So it is political then. Just curious is all. That stuff doesn't mean anything to me when buying a soap. Good reviews, on the other hand are often the reason I'll buy the soap. If the ingredients make a good soap, that's all I need to know.
Whatever you think about the ingredients or politics of it, the bottom line is its a great soap and the menthol/peppermint feels great and smells awesome. A big bottle can be diluted to about 6/1 is another thing to consider when looking at the cost of the soap. Cheers

Nothing I said about it makes it political. It works great plus it has other benefits as I've previously mentions. Jeesssus.

Last edited:
I've tried Dr. Bronners. That along with numerous other brands of castile soap I tried, turned my shower into a mildew metropolis. Every week I had to blast my shower with bleach to kill all the damned bacterial growth. Maybe it was the olive oil? At any rate, I had to stop using it.

I've had much better luck with Nancy Boy's Invigorating Body Wash, and it's awfully invigorating alright. The concentration of peppermint and spearmint essential oils make me tingle all over, and the vapors are just enough for my sinuses to wake me up every morning. I only use minty body washes during the warmer months though, because the frigid Indiana winter mornings are plenty cold enough to wake me up when I roll out of bed.

Original source products are very over rated I find them very low end reminds me of being in the gym in London and quite a few people used them reminded me of being back at school (all the kids used their products then) . I don't really see what all the fuss is about very strong smell . Reminds me of that perfume Jo Malone brought out I think it was called Fresh Mint very repulsive

I found this at a store and bought it:
proxy.php

I'm skeptical that it will be good for either of its stated purposes, washing or shaving, but I haven't tried it yet.

Another vote for Dr. Bronners. Not sure he's a doctor, not sure his name is Bronner, but the soap can't be beat. Along with peppermint, I'd suggest eucalyptus and even tea tree oil.

Someone said the rantings on the side are political, but they're not. They're philosophical. There's a great documentary about Dr. Bronner that I saw a few years ago, and it's worth a watch. Yeah, he's kind of nuts. But his soap is indeed magical.

Due to this thread, I picked up bottles of Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Oil soaps at the store. I noticed they had shaving gels too. I'd never seen those before. I didn't get any as I'm kind of overstocked on shaving creams and soaps right now. When I run out in 2 years maybe I'll try it then...

It' s not political at all. Not sure what you think Fair Trade is.

Top Bottom