What's new

Bic sensitive disposables..

Was in a rush one day last week and used a BIC sensitive. Got a DFS with little effort. The key to them is doing proper prep and not applying pressure. They are just so easy to use.
The only down side is they lack the "fun factor" a DE razors supples.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I happen to use
proxy.php
sensitive disposables for my weekly head shaving routine for speed and convenience and actually get a BBS head shave in two (2), passes (front-to-back...Yeah Baby!!!), without any problems, nicks and bumps.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut [or shave]". Daniel S. Greenberg

Last edited:
BIC disposable is all drag and pull for me.

But for all those who likes single edge disposable I strongly recommend to try the indian Gillette Guard.

It was my #1 option before entering double edge razors world.

The BIC doesn't work for me because I find I am constantly looking for the blade angle. The rough surface of the shaving head also feels strange when shaving.

I love Bic Sensitive disposables. They were my everyday razor before switching to a DE razor. My only issue with them is the amount of plastic that I ended up throwing away. The environmental impact was one of the primary reasons I switched to a more efficient shaving system.

Last time I found Bic Metal was across town from me at a Walgreen's. It seems from reading these posts that Bic Metal is still in production and I'm glad to hear that; now I'll start complaining to local store managers.

I am correct in my assumption that Bic Metal is still in production, right?

I always keep a pack Bic Sensitives around.

The BIC site shows the Metal as not being distributed in N. America any more. That having been said, you can buy all that you want on Amazon or Ebay.

I like 'em, but I can't myself see throwing that much plastic away every week.

Indeed. I hate the idea of wasting so much plastic (that was one of the reasons why I switched over to traditional DE). But perhaps it all depends on how many shaves you can get from one of these razors. Nevertheless, I agree with you.

These razors are a joy to use. You can get BBS with ease. Only down side is the blades are a bit tuggy even on very first use, for me at least.

This is what I used when transitioning from cartridge wet shaving to DE. I get great, easy shaves from them. I did find I tented to use too much pressure but that is also before I found B&B. I may just have to try them again sometime soon. I can get them locally for around $4 for 12 which is cheaper than locally available DE blades.

Top Bottom