What's new

Better Call Saul

"Chicago Sunroof was one of the them"

lol I was so glad we got an explanation for that

Me too. I assumed it was something sexual. The capper for me was when he was explaining what it was and he revealed that there were a couple of underage boy scouts in the back seat during the execution of said Chicago sunroof. :laugh:

As far as "how long can it go?" there's no telling, really. The trend seems to be to run these series for about 6 seasons, or about 75-80 episodes, give or take. While the writers gave themselves enough calendar time to do that, I do wonder if the closed-end nature of the prequel will allow it. I know everyone likes money, and I can hardly blame Gilligan et al. from taking advantage of any success that may come, but I do hope they hold off stretching the material so thinly that it rips in the slightest breeze.

There's something of the brilliance in bringing in Mike. Not only is he an excellent counterpoint to Jimmy/Saul, being the honorable criminal to Saul's chosen depravity, but he's an interesting character with an interesting story in and of itself. They've already shown us that they are willing to devote large portions of the show to Mike and that they can do so without letting the Saul story waste away. We know their stories will converge more than they already have ("I know a guy [Mike] who knows a guy [Gus]"), and that leaves more room for more story. We still haven't seen too much from Nacho, and he's bound to come back in as more than the occasional, short term plot device.

Wouldn't that over saturate the show and make it too cluttered with stories or characters. Many viewers may lose interest trying to figure out who's who and what's what.

I finally saw the season finale last night. The article link listed in the posts above is spot on.

I personally thought that for a "finale" it was boring, compared to other previous episodes where I was riveted to the screen.

I liked it, it made sense and put a closure to some of the lingering questions, Chicago Sunroof was one of the them, Marco and the life in Chicago as a scam artist were the others. The Kevin Cosner scene and the BB reference above put a smile on my face this morning, since I did not catch it either. Too bad there was no more action with Mike but there was no place for it. I felt a little empty handed in the end, the typical season ender spaks and fireworks were not there.

Not to take away from the show based on the last episode and to evaluate the full season, I thought it was great and I cannot wait to see more of it!

I thought the middle part where he was in Chicago was kinda bland with the scene of him and Marco doing bad...it looked kinda like filler scene's with no substance or quality to the cinematography.

Me too. I assumed it was something sexual. The capper for me was when he was explaining what it was and he revealed that there were a couple of underage boy scouts in the back seat during the execution of said Chicago sunroof. :laugh:

They brought sexual charges against him for that too...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Wouldn't that over saturate the show and make it too cluttered with stories or characters. Many viewers may lose interest trying to figure out who's who and what's what.

It hasn't yet and, skillfully done, it shouldn't. Since all this has to converge, it can be done.

Of course, Nacho may never really return. He may have just been a device to get a couple balls rolling. There has to be some criminal element that Mike gets into, though.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Next season we will likely see the criminals of Albuquerque more. Jimmy turned down a chance to be a partner with a straight and narrow law firm. Chuck was right...he will always be Slippin' Jimmy.

He has more fun being that guy, enjoys it more. He will also use Mike more as well it seems.

Next season we will likely see the criminals of Albuquerque more. Jimmy turned down a chance to be a partner with a straight and narrow law firm. Chuck was right...he will always be Slippin' Jimmy.

He has more fun being that guy, enjoys it more. He will also use Mike more as well it seems.
I think those criminal characters will be entertaining, they are ruthless but have that humanity and compassion for some reason.

It hasn't yet and, skillfully done, it shouldn't. Since all this has to converge, it can be done.

Of course, Nacho may never really return. He may have just been a device to get a couple balls rolling. There has to be some criminal element that Mike gets into, though.
If they keep it within reason it should make for great watching. I think that the writing/story will come through. It's already a top 5 cable TV show.

Great TV happens when a screenwriter can get an audience to cheer for the villain.

$120601giancarlo-esposito-breaking-bad1.jpg

Not sure if people were cheering for Gus in BB. I did think his last scene was FANTASTIC, though. I keep showing it to my daughter. She was never into BB, but she loves FX make-up.

Is Better Call Saul being broken into two season one parts, or are we now waiting for season two? Any idea when these will premier?

Top Bottom