What's new

Best brushes for face lathering?

For face lathering I prefer a brush

• with a firm, soft knot
  • with a firm handle

Two Semogues stand out for me: the LE and the SOC.
(see attached pic).

Also the Eagle G3 is a very nice face latherer.
(see below)

the vie-long white badgers in 20mm - 23mm should do the trick, and these brushes will last for decades

The Vie-Long Badger brush collection will do the trick for sure. I use a Vie-Long Silvertip Badger Olivewood Handle for face lathering and love it. It lathers well and is extremely soft on the face.

Price wise--Colonel 2XL--luxurious wise--Chubby 1 Best or Chubby 2 Best depending on if you like small or large brushes

I used a 45 mm loft brush today for the first time. Until now al the other brushes have over 50 mm loft. It makes a world of difference. Ones keeps reading post on having a shorter loft, it is indeed tru. I got very good lathering. Its a 20mm Finest TGN .
SO I would recommend either you get a TGN - with short loft or simpson , vulfix etc with a loft between 44- 48 mm.

Since no one has mentioned it yet, I'll put in my vote for a Semogue 1460 or 1470. I got a 1460 about a month ago and have used it exclusively for face lathering and couldn't be happier! It has plenty of backbone with very soft tips.

Although I do not have one, the Semogue 610 seems like it might be a nice option as well. I think it tends to be a little denser than the 1460 - that can't be a bad thing!

I've had my eye on the 1470 for a few days...

Can anyone compare it to the Pro 49? My Semogue 620 is definitely different from my 49.

I have to say, I think the under appreciated Simpsons Special in Best is *cough* the Best face lathering brush I have ever used.

For reference, I've used about a dozen Simpsons ranging from Pure to both types of Super, Rooneys in Best and Super, and Semogue and Omega boars.

Off to look at that Simpsons now. Out of interest were the other ones you have tried the Chubby or Duke?

Top Bottom