What's new

Best Brush Under $20 (delivered)?

If you are into best buy for the money. I would answer 1000 times Yaqi. They are best for the money for sure..

I prefer Boar brushes and my best boar is an Omega 10290 , under $10 so definitely under $20 delivered.
I think it's important to disclose the break in time and process when recommending a boar. That's something I don't see people often do on B&B. That being said, boars are indeed an incredible value. Hey @cryhavok, very cool handle :001_cool:

Last edited:
I think it's important to disclose the break in time and process when recommending a boar. That's something I don't see people often do on B&B. That being said, boars are indeed an incredible value. They @cryhavok, very cool handle :001_cool:

I hadn't thought about the break in time for boar bushes, some folks seem to have real trouble with it. I just buy a boar and use it everyday and it breaks in within a week or two.

I have five shaving brushes currently which are listed below with approximate price in CDN:

Kent BK12 -$350
Razorock Best Badger - $40
Razorock Silvertip Synthetic -$20
Razorock 400 Aluminum - $25
Semogue 1305 - $20

These are all nice brushes and we'll worth the money (the Kent was an anniversary gift and I wouldn't have bought it myself). The one I reach for the most is the 1305. It was also the first brush I bought. For a badger the razorock is a bargain and has significant backbone which I like. The 400 is uber cool and i use it for rush and travel jobs. The Razorock Silvertip Synthetic is a good brush but I PIF'd to a friend getting started and now has a permanent home with my brother. This is a good no fuss no work type of brush that looks good on the counter. If i was only allowed to have one brush and cost wasn't an issue, I'd pick the 1305. I love this brush; however, switching it up and experiencing other brushes is key.

I also purchased an olive wood handed razorock blonde badger recently. The craftsmanship of this bay boy is amazing at the price point. I've used it once as I couldn't resist although it is intended as a gift. A boar is hard to judge on the first try but as good as it was, it was no match for a broken in 1305. This brush broken in would be a different story but I don't need another boar at the moment.

Brushes are different for everyone I'm glad I have cheap taste.

I have five shaving brushes currently which are listed below with approximate price in CDN:

Kent BK12 -$350
Razorock Best Badger - $40
Razorock Silvertip Synthetic -$20
Razorock 400 Aluminum - $25
Semogue 1305 - $20

These are all nice brushes and we'll worth the money (the Kent was an anniversary gift and I wouldn't have bought it myself). The one I reach for the most is the 1305. It was also the first brush I bought. For a badger the razorock is a bargain and has significant backbone which I like. The 400 is uber cool and i use it for rush and travel jobs. The Razorock Silvertip Synthetic is a good brush but I PIF'd to a friend getting started and now has a permanent home with my brother. This is a good no fuss no work type of brush that looks good on the counter. If i was only allowed to have one brush and cost wasn't an issue, I'd pick the 1305. I love this brush; however, switching it up and experiencing other brushes is key.

I also purchased an olive wood handed razorock blonde badger recently. The craftsmanship of this bay boy is amazing at the price point. I've used it once as I couldn't resist although it is intended as a gift. A boar is hard to judge on the first try but as good as it was, it was no match for a broken in 1305. This brush broken in would be a different story but I don't need another boar at the moment.

Brushes are different for everyone I'm glad I have cheap taste.

+1 re 1305. I wouldn’t trade mine for any other brush. Period. Even with the paint now starting to chip, it is hands down my favorite brush of all time.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The last several months I've been using the PAA Atomic Rocket brush. It's 26 mm. Heavy retro ER style handle. Soft synth knot. Looks awesome. Feels even better. $12.95. I have over 20 brushes, majority are synths. This one I just can't put down. It's wonderful. If 26 mm is too big, they're releasing a 24 mm version shortly.

My Razorock Plissoft Disruptor was I think $16 on Amazon. You can get the RR Big Bruce and Monster (the Disruptors bigger brothers) for about $20 from Amazon.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
VigShaving.Silvertip.640.4-18.JPG

Under $20 delivered but purchased on sale from VigShaving.

Zeniths.2.Wood.640.4-18.JPG

"Delivered" barely rules out my two great wooden Zeniths, $20 + shipping, but the plastic handled Zenith boars should be considered. The Mighty Midget and the Mixed Midget by Omega are also strong contenders in my view; both are really good brushes I believe.

I have a two-band Yaqi, nice brush, which would almost make the cut, and would on sale.

Best is a really big word, but I've given it a shot.

Happy shaves,

Jim

There are three brushes that I reach for most frequently that are all under $20 shipped (and my much more expensive badger brushes tend to stay on the shelf):
1. Sterling Tuxedo (about $12 when I got it) - I love the look and feel of this brush.
2. Razorock Silvertip Sythetic (about $16) - Great all-around brush.
3. Razorock Disruptor (I have the original tan handled version that cost about $8) - In the last three years or so, I’ve used this by far more than any other brush. In my view, it’s a perfect really inexpensive brush.

I'd say the stirling boar brush is a pretty nice bang for the buck brush, very dense boar knot, with amazing backbone, decently soft tips. As with all boar though, it has a break in period, i just got mine so i don't know how long it lasts, but i quite like it already, even compared to my semogue and my omega.
My omega had too tall a loft, and was floppy because of this, my semogue wasn't a very dense knot, and was also floppy becuase of this, it also couldn't build too great of a lather either.

My top under $20 is the Omega 10098 boar brush. It’s the only one I will use from now on. All I will ever do is replace it when it needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best brush under $20 is a Razorock Silvertip Plissoft, 24mm. I got it on sale for about 12 bucks.
proxy.php

I have over 50 brushes in my Brush Garage as my wife calls my cabinet in all sorts of price ranges. But I have to agree with you on the Razorock Silvertip synth for $12 bucks on sale as the best value in a brush I have experienced.

Top Bottom