What's new

Best Brush Under $20 (delivered)?

I've never owned a real "luxury" brush, but I've owned a few Simpson's Duke brushes - what I would call entry level luxury. As in most luxury items, luxury brushes are not the best bang for the buck. Which led me to thinking about what brush does provide the best bang for the buck. From my experience, it's not going to be a badger brush. You can get a very good synthetic or boar brush for under $20, and I haven't found that to be true with badger brushes. I've owned 6 brushes that fall into this under $20 category, and my candidate for best brush under $20 is my Zenith B70-Euroal at $15.50 delivered. Any other candidates?
Zenith Brush.png

I don't believe there is a "best brush." Everyone likes different attributes, so one person's best will be another person's middle of the road. For example, my best under $20 is a Semogue 1520 that I use for face lathering. To me, it's perfect. However, I have read a post a while back where it just wasn't working out for another B&B member.

Sent via Tapatalk

I don't believe there is a "best brush." Everyone likes different attributes, so one person's best will be another person's middle of the road. For example, my best under $20 is a Semogue 1520 that I use for face lathering. To me, it's perfect. However, I have read a post a while back where it just wasn't working out for another B&B member.

Sent via Tapatalk
I agree. My best may not be yours, and vice versa. I'm just asking for what you have found to be the best in this category. If we start seeing the same brush pop up over and over again, it would be a good first choice to try if you're looking for an inexpensive brush.

I agree. My best may not be yours, and vice versa. I'm just asking for what you have found to be the best in this category. If we start seeing the same brush pop up over and over again, it would be a good first choice to try if you're looking for an inexpensive brush.
Absolutely. And it is still a good question.

Sent via Tapatalk

Best is subjective, but I picked up one of these Yaqi beauties for $14.86 delivered from WCS, and it may be my favorite.
proxy.php

Just had this fella arrive this evening. Softer than a baby kitten, just enough backbone to lather any soap you throw at it!

C869D260-FD42-4274-B4CE-F0EA44121842.jpeg
AECDE846-5A06-4BF7-B5E6-78DC9D9B1F69.jpeg

Stirling tuxedo synthetic, Maggards granite synthetic, and a Semogue 620 are some great brushes that I use and cost under $20.

WCS silvertip $19.98 black friday. Their pure was $8 and isn't bad if you are ok with softer backbone.
That was quite a bargain! I have a WCS Silvertip, and I would agree that at under $20 it is hard to beat. I paid more than twice that and still think I got a good buy.

That was quite a bargain! I have a WCS Silvertip, and I would agree that at under $20 it is hard to beat. I paid more than twice that and still think I got a good buy.

In the badger department Virginia sheng finest is decent as well. Price fluctuates often between mid teens and $22.

I'd say my Razorock 400 synthetic and Yaqi tuxedo. They are also my favorite overall, regardless of price, although I've not spent over $50 on a brush...

My best brush under $20 is a Razorock Silvertip Plissoft, 24mm. I got it on sale for about 12 bucks.
proxy.php

All but ONE of these was under $22 delivered. The cheapest was $9 (delivered!). Spend some cash and get some skin in the game. You'll soon be asking yourself, "why buy one, when I can collect them all?!?!"
IMG_20180211_111613_panorama_edit.jpg

Top Bottom