What's new

Best brush for 75$ or less

If you're dead set on spending that much, you probably should look at some of the Vulfix line.

Although I've got a very simple wooden handed no-name "pure badger" brush I purchased on Ebay for about $10 which works just as well.

The SOC pictured earlier looks like a 2-band badger to me and I can easily recommend one of those. The boar SOC are pretty good too but they take a little while to get them to the point of softness most people prefer.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I got a omega s right now. I CAN'T get soaps or creams to lather. So I don't know if I need to bowl or face lather. I would love to be able to bowl and face lather with something I spend 75$ on. I know that's not much money at all for a brush. My skin is sensitive. So any suggest now. Thanks in advance

Before you spend money on a new brush, I would suggest keeping the one you have and try to make it work. A boar brush should be fine but I see that you hate it with (VDH brush). What do you hate about the brush?

my suggestion would be to stick to either bowl lathering or face lathering. Practice between shaves. Bowl lathering is easier. What doesn't work? Maybe you need to load more product in the brush.

I think you should try a Semogue 830. It's a really high quality boar brush and it's less than $20 shipped.

How long have you had the VDH brush? Are you soaking it before you use it?

For that price point, the SOC badger is spot on. Great brush for the price. I have 2 (one was a little more as it is the 2012 version that is not made anymore, I like the color so I grabbed it) and keep them in the rotation.

I've used the VDH brush around 17 times. It's just to ruff. I like soft brushes. I thank. Only have the omega s.

I got an SOC boat brush, I hated it at first before it broke in, it was super rough and felt like it was giving my face brush burn, it's one of my favorite brushes now tho. But I really hated the break in period. If you don't want to deal with the break in period I say go with a badger.

I've used the VDH brush around 17 times. It's just to ruff. I like soft brushes. I thank. Only have the omega s.

How long have you been wet shaving? Do you soak the brush prior to use for a few minutes?

You said you have the Omega S, that's the synthetic, right? Any issues with it at all?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
17 shaves isn't enough to break in a boar brush. Give it another month or two and it will be much nicer. But if you can't stand scratchy at all, don't get another boar, or black badger, either. Me, I rock my Virginia Sheng 30mm Silvertips, 2 of them. They actually aren't as silky as a silvertip ought to be... more like a finest. But they are BIG and they lather like nobodys business, hardly ever shed a hair, and cheap as chips. Okay, so the handle is molded... I truly can't tell it when I shave. Every so often it seems that someone starts making great functional badger brushes in China, then the quality starts falling off or the price goes up, or both. Stay on top of who is making the good ones for cheap, and if you donn't need an artsy fartsy hand turned handle made from auroch horn by blind druid priestesses under the light of the first full moon after the spring equinox, you can spend a lot less dough for basically the same knot. And since you don't really have a preference yet, I suggest a mid size, maybe 26mm, brush with average loft set in a plain vanilla plastic or wood handle. Respected brand optional, for your first badger. Don't overlook Chinese brushes, but check recent reviews before pulling the trigger. You have a lot of options at your price goal, especially if you don't absolutely have to have a silvertip.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Take a picture and put it on your puter where you can easily find it. When you compose your reply, go down the page and click "Manage Attachments" or look for a little picture icon.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Try exporting it to a computer. You can email it to yourself. Or jailbreak your iPhone. The iPhone is very clunky, to me. It is a phone that can do a few tricks. An android is a pocket computer that can make phone calls.

If anybody can tell me how. Then maybe somebody can help me with my lather problem

Use Safari and go to badgerandblade.com. Then go to the forum you want to post to. You can post the photo by going to the icon to the right of the one with the red X. That will bring up a dialog to post the photo. You can then use one from your photo library or that is posted on a hosting site.

Delong silvertip for around $30. the thing is perfect, nice big knot, soft touch with spine, great bushy brush that hasn't lost a hair since I got it 3 months ago.

Top Bottom