What's new

Best beers in America..

Mama Bear said:
DUDE! I am Armenian!!

Well, no, I'm not actually... but seriously honey.. have you tried any of the beers on this list!? We are not talking Bud Light here....... :scared:

LOL! Yes, I've actually tried quite a few... and some of them are admittedly quite good. I just thought I'd play the part of the foregin beer snob, since this thread was approaching 20 replies and still seemed to lack "that guy" :lol:

In my line of work I get to sometimes interview some very interesting people. Today I got to meet a very neat Lt.Col in the USAF who was stationed in Germany. Imagine my surprise when I asked her what she did for fun in her travels and she responds "I would make beer runs on the weekends throughout Germany and Belgium and visit microbreweries."
The jealousy was immense :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nothing from Stone Brewery or North Coast Brewery.

Good. More for me.:001_cool:

Mama Bear said:
DUDE! I am Armenian!!

Well, no, I'm not actually... but seriously honey.. have you tried any of the beers on this list!? We are not talking Bud Light here....... :scared:

dude obviously hasn't tried Armenian women either :rolleyes:

(just ran into my best friend from high school's sister. they are armenian. she is just under 40 with 3 grown children. looks like she is 25 and stone cold drop on your knees gorgeous. she;s even more beautiful than when we were in schol, and she was a hottie then...)

baald

catatonic said:
Anchor Steam....That's one beer I will always take if it's availible at a restaurant or pub.

I was just beginning to post about Anchor Steam. It's one of my absolute favorites despite being made in America! I would love to see how it tastes after it has just been brewed- like all of those microbrews.

thestubblefactory said:
I was just beginning to post about Anchor Steam. It's one of my absolute favorites despite being made in America! I would love to see how it tastes after it has just been brewed- like all of those microbrews.
If you come to San Francisco you can go on a tour of their Brewery...

"Best" is so subjective. The European folks on the board may have one up on us, but here I go anyway...American beers.

There are two microbreweries that I like. The Rockslide in Grand Junction, CO and the Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville, SC. Rainbow Trout Pale Ale at the BR. Yum.

Other than that, Guinness Stout and Harp. Not American, I know, but I can get them here.:biggrin:

Dinder1 said:
I just happen to live in Micro Brew heaven, I can think of at least one Brew Pub that has close to 200 beers on tap! I guess it's time to head down there with my list of the top twenty five.:001_tt1: :a54:
Cheers, DJ.

How on earth does a pub with 200 beers on tap keep them in good condition? Surely they can't be shifting 200 barrels a week?

Or are they gassed up kegs rather than proper, naturally conditioned beers?

Wouldn't do for me as it would take me half the evening deciding what to have next!

Cheers!

Gareth

Well, I can't get any of the American micrbrew stuff where I'm at. Guess I'll just have to settle for the local German brews! :tongue: :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I can't wait to try any and all of the American stuff (including everything of that list) that I've had to miss out on.

This is one of those lists almost anyone can dispute. I've tried several of the ones listed and can think of several that are better.

But, to each his own. Beer is meant to be enjoyed not debated. :biggrin:

At least for now, I'm partial to Pike Brewery's "Naughty Nellie". Might be available only in Seattle. Anyone tried it?

I LOVE Bell's Expedition Stout during the cooler months! At 11%, it's got a nice kick, too!

I would really want to go to the Bell's brewery... One of these days...

Top Bottom