What's new

Bernard Cribbins has died

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Wilfred was one of my all time favorite characters on Doctor Who. RIP, Bernard.

He was in a lot of films and on telly for decades.
Older Brits remember Cribbins from the Carry-On films (among many others), whilst the younger ones grew up with him as a favourite story-teller on Jackanory. He was also often seen (and heard) in "The Good Old Days," a music hall sing-along show that ran until the early '80's.
He continued to work right up to the end, amassed an impressive body of work, and any Britisher will tell you that he was regarded as nothing less than a national treasure!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
One of my first memories of Bernard Cribbins was his narration of the Wombles when I was a kid. Probably my favourite of his characters was as Nervous O'Toole in "The Wrong Arm of the Law" with Peter Sellers, one of the funniest films ever made.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Rumor has it that he filmed scenes for the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who. I will watch and be be sad and glad, at the same time.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I never liked him after that Fawlty Towers hotel inspector episode. He played it so well that I was left permanently annoyed whenever I saw his face on TV. I guess that’s what a real actor can do.

I never clued in that Wilfred and the P-Off seller of sssspoons were one and the same.

That's good acting.

Rumor has it that he filmed scenes for the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who. I will watch and be be sad and glad, at the same time.

He first appeared in Dr Who in 1966. He's gotta hold some sort of record for that.

I only recognized him as Wilfred when the news broke, but it has been wonderful to see all of the great characters he’s played over the years. Even more heartening is the almost universal love for the guy that has been expressed.

Rest in Peace, Mr Cribbins. You are already missed.

Top Bottom