What's new

BBS Achieved (and two questions)

I achieved BBS last week. They were the best shaves that I have ever had. Wonderful!! I have to say too that Taylor’s Rose Cream is amazing. I love it. The smell is outstanding.

I have a spot on my neck that was very difficult to get to without irritation but I finally fixed that.

So today I decided that I needed a shave. I used the same blade that I used yesterday just to make sure that I wasn’t nuts. I narrowed down my past irritation to poor technique and a dull blade (more than one use). I did this only to make sure that it was not something else that I had done that had changed the results. I was changing things so fast. I added Proraso Pre/Post, King of Shaves oil, different (the right one) technique, so on and so forth so I just wanted to make sure. Well that was it, Merkur Super Platinum blades only last one shave on me. Today there was a decent amount of irritation. I have more blades from letterK that I have not opened yet but I will. I will try to get two shaves from the sharper blades such as the feather and the Derby.

TWO QUESTIONS:
1. When my hair is growing in under my chin after a very close shave it tends to itch sometimes. This happens a 12 hours after the shave. Does this happen to anybody else and is their a cure?
2. I was looking at a Merkur slant bar the other day. Is there any advantage or disadvantage/difference to this style razor?

Apparently some people (e.g., Gordon) simply can't use the slant bar. But for others (me and several others), the slant bar delivers a wonderfully smooth shave, especially with a Feather blade. YMMV, of course. Do search on "slant bar" (without the quotes) and you should find a lot of posts to ponder. I thik everyone should try the slant bar, because if it works for you---man! what a great shave!

Don't know about the itching. Doesn't affect me.

Top Bottom