What's new

Barry's Shaving Kit - You Show Me Yours & I'll Show Mine.

If this was YOUR Shaving Kit, which would be your favourite razor?

• Gillette Fusion

• Gillette Fatboy

• Mergress XL

• Merkur Futur

• Gillette Slim

Results are only viewable after voting.
BarrysCool

I read your original post again. :001_wub: Of your razors, my favorite would be the Gillette Fatboy.

My razors are: (sorry, can't post picture at this time)
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Slim (three of them)
Gillette (50's) Superspeed
Gillette (60's) Superspeed
Gillette (ball-end) Tech (two of them)
Merkur HD (my huckleberry)

Hi Joe,
Take a photo, it will look great.

I've never used any of those, so I can't post a vote. Sorry....
MY collection is:

Merkur 34C
Edwin Jagger 89L
Gillette Superspeed
GEM 1912
GEM Micromatic

NOW, I can tell you all THOSE razors ROCK, except for the micromatic, that one sucks! LOL BUT, it's not my poll....:001_cool:

I have not used a Fusion, and I doubt I ever will. Likewise, I haven't used the XL, but might someday. I have used the others, and the Futur is my pick of that lot.

The Futur is a great razor and I like it a lot. You might want to read further as I post Barry's Shaving Stand. It's a Merkur Futur 4-piece Polished Chrome Shaving Stand.

I've never used any of those, so I can't post a vote. Sorry....
MY collection is:

Merkur 34C
Edwin Jagger 89L
Gillette Superspeed
GEM 1912
GEM Micromatic

NOW, I can tell you all THOSE razors ROCK, except for the micromatic, that one sucks! LOL BUT, it's not my poll....:001_cool:

Hi Jason,
I have no experience with your collection of razors either. I knew at the onset that this would be problematic in so much as people can only vote through their own experience or through their desire to own one.

Take a photo of your collection and post it here, I'm sure everyone would be interested. Everyones Shaving kit is different and its nice to see the variety, so take a photo and lets see.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
What I use at the moment
attachment.php

Barry's Shaving Stand.

This is the shaving set that I purchased some time ago. I had been wanting a Merkur Futur Razor for some time before making this decision. The set really appealed to me with it's ultra modern appearance and clean lines. It is offered in two forms, frosted or polished chrome of which I chose the latter. I might ad at this point say that the price might put a lot of people off, but with the combined components such as Fine Badger Brush and Razor, it is rather reasonable.

I found that there were two parts of this set that didn't quite set right with me. Life's full of compromises and adaptations. The first was that the frosted bowl is a bit small and when working-up a vigorous lather it has a tendency to overflow. That's OK, as in the photo it holds my Col.Conk Glycerine Soap and I can use my other shaving bowl for lathering. The second thing was not so easy to overcome, how do I incorporate this with the rest of my shaving kit? What I wanted was for this stand to accommodate my other razors without destroying the clean looks of a beautiful stand. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I found this hook in a local hardware store and my mind went into overdrive. In my minds eye I started to disassemble the hook and tried time and again to shape it to my new stand. "THAT'S IT" I proclaimed and immediately proceeded to the check out. Once I arrived home anticipation got the better of me and I was straight into the fix. You can only imagine my excitement when I had finished, and PRESTO.

This is the final result after adapting the stand to accommodate more than one razor and I am most pleased with the outcome. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
It is offered in two forms, frosted or polished chrome of which I chose the latter. I might ad at this point say that the price might put a lot of people off, but with the combined components such as Fine Badger Brush and Razor, it is rather reasonable.

What I wanted was for this stand to accommodate my other razors without destroying the clean looks of a beautiful stand. PROBLEM SOLVED.

This is the final result after adapting the stand to accommodate more than one razor and I am most pleased with the outcome. Let me know what you think.

It looks good. Quite a crafty solution.

Here's your cookie :flowers:

+Validation

I agree the Mergress-XL is at the top for me, but I still rotate my other razors and enjoy shaving with them. It's only by shaving with other razors that make the Mergress-XL stand out.

I rotate mine as well.

Here is the photo thread in the photography sub forum. Some nice stuff in there!

I rotate mine as well.

Here is the photo thread in the photography sub forum. Some nice stuff in there!

Hi Roobaix,

OMG, some of those collections are just massive. I was rather amuzed with the stand made from a twisted wire coathanger.

My Shaving Set is for me, some of those collections look as if they could supply an army in times of need. But still very impressive.

I started this thread hoping that members would like to show off their Shaving Sets and that it would be collectively all in one place. Rather than scattered all throughout the forum, "You Show Me Yours & I'll Show Mine".

Regards,
BarrysCool

I actually really like the idea of "you show me yours and I'll show you mine," :001_tt1: but not in this context.

Top Bottom