What's new

Barrister and Mann has discontinued the following scents...

I don't know whether I should buy some Cool just to have in stock, or just rely on Fine as my blue supplier from now on. Either way, that's a bummer.

This is actually the only thing I don't like about B&M, their product availability is really inconsistent over the long term. Other soap vendors have a core offering, and you can count on them still having your scent a year or two later. B&M is not one of those vendors.

I don't know whether I should buy some Cool just to have in stock, or just rely on Fine as my blue supplier from now on. Either way, that's a bummer.

This is actually the only thing I don't like about B&M, their product availability is really inconsistent over the long term. Other soap vendors have a core offering, and you can count on them still having your scent a year or two later. B&M is not one of those vendors.
Will mentioned part of this move is that he was trying to focus on a core set of scents, and then only vary it with seasonals.

No worries, I am on it!
I will find where the lasts are..
84.jpg

I have a number of B&M soaps. I always planned to try Cologne Russe but it does not make sense to now. I just finished a tub of Leviathan. I like Seville, Leviathan, Petrichor and Bay Rum but my favorite is Oceana soap and balm. It will be interesting to see where B&M ends up with their "core" offerings.

The products don't move enough. It doesn't make sense if he makes a huge pile of soaps just to sit on them and sell a few jars here and there. For what, just to make one or two customers content? I guess they want to prune their core offerings to save resources and put into the seasonal stuff that moves much more readily. Makes sense to me. Though I have to say I'm surprised they cut the cord with Lavender. The rest are no surprise to me and I liked them. Cologne Russe is a great scent though like most B&M these days fell victim to the new base graham cracker stench.

I got an email from B&M announcing what scents would be discontinued. Since Cool is one of my favorites, I ordered two tubs to hold me for a while. I also agree he can't keep stock of items that don't sell well as that's not a good business decision.

Whose boot licking? They had a pretty expansive catalogue of every day offerings and some of those aren't selling well enough to justify keeping them around. Like every other artisan, they still have core scents available they've just pared them down. No idea what the problem is.

The products don't move enough. It doesn't make sense if he makes a huge pile of soaps just to sit on them and sell a few jars here and there. For what, just to make one or two customers content? I guess they want to prune their core offerings to save resources and put into the seasonal stuff that moves much more readily. Makes sense to me. Though I have to say I'm surprised they cut the cord with Lavender. The rest are no surprise to me and I liked them. Cologne Russe is a great scent though like most B&M these days fell victim to the new base graham cracker stench.
I actually think the new base makes everything smell better lol

Some may have benefited. The one that comes to mind would be Fougere Gothique. The base hides that funky mushroom note that's far too prevalent in the splash. The new base killed the brighter scents- Fougere Angelique, 42, and Seville especially are not the same to my nose.
It definitely softens the bright notes, but they're still there.

I don’t know if it is a mistake or kind of error on their site but „everything” is marked „discontinued”..
Anybody knows what is going on?

I don’t know if it is a mistake or kind of error on their site but „everything” is marked „discontinued”..
Anybody knows what is going on?

Even the newset "Merilyn" is marked "discontinued" ?!

I've just asked them question about it.. looking forward for their reply (at monday - suppose:) ). I'm really concerned about this situation .. do some shopping in advance ?.. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom