What's new

Barbaros Tr-2 and Tr3

comparable with the Fatip OC razors than anything else.
I had both (and a FOCS). I ended up selling the Ares and giving away the Fatips.

Comparing the shave feel of the Ares against the Fatip oc, I can tell you the Fatip has more blade feel. It feels and is less refined. Both can yield similarly close results, but the Ares is way more comfortable.
I sold it because I feel any razor above 130 euro's needs to bring me something a more affordable one can't in terms of shaving performance.
To me the Gillette new flat Bottom shaves equally comfortable and efficient as the Ares (Infact I find them to feel nearly identical - weight difference aside.)

I have only found one razor worth it's 200 euro price tag, my Gibbs adjustable. Other razors that cost me more have all been sold.

TR2 super hyper mild
TR4 has more efficiency than TR3 without having that exaggerated blade feel of the TR3
TR4 is unstoppable :biggrin1:
My TR-3 arrives today!
I'm wondering if they changed something in the head design with the last ones that were built?
Mine is the sandblasted matte version!
Split Seven states that it's a neutral exposure razor but I keep reading about how aggressive it is.
I guess we'll see!

Got home a little while ago and found the Barbaros TR-3 OC in my mailbox!
9 days from the date of ordering to delivery from Turkey, not bad!!
Took it out of the box an immediately was mesmerized by the handle.
Definitely a unique take on handle design. I really thought that lots of knurling
was the way to go for grip but Barbaros took a different approach that seems like it'll work just
as well. It looks awesome!

I put a Lab Blue blade to see and man this thing is going to be aggressive!!
Major positive blade exposure and large blade gap!
@Mr Konrad Dundee , you were right!!
By visually looking at the head and running my finger perpendicular to the blade, it reminds me a lot
of the Tatara Nodachi Open Comb (not the head design, just the cues I mentioned)
But hey, the Nodachi OC pulls it off by being very aggressive but very smooth. Hopefully this one can
give the same results.
We'll see tonight!

full

full

full

First shave with the Barbaros TR-3: Excellent!!
I think I've found an Open Comb that shaves as smooth as the Timeless .68 OC.
The difference is that this one is mega efficient. And I won't classify it as super aggressive!
Lots of blade exposure and gap but I'd be able to use it daily.
I found the specs: Blade exposure 1.15mm & Blade gap 1.30mm!
A very deceptive razor because it's got scary specs but shaves smooth as silk.
The Tatara Nodachi OC was my #2 smoothest OC but this one beat it by a long mile.
I can't use the Nodachi OC every day!
Major blade bending and clamping is what I'm guessing contributes to this excellent combination
of shave feel & results.
And the handle & balance is absolutely fantastic. A shame they no longer make these.
I'm happy & very lucky to have picked one up before they disappeared (and at a low price!)
It's excellent!

Got home a little while ago and found the Barbaros TR-3 OC in my mailbox!
9 days from the date of ordering to delivery from Turkey, not bad!!
Took it out of the box an immediately was mesmerized by the handle.
Definitely a unique take on handle design. I really thought that lots of knurling
was the way to go for grip but Barbaros took a different approach that seems like it'll work just
as well. It looks awesome!

I put a Lab Blue blade to see and man this thing is going to be aggressive!!
Major positive blade exposure and large blade gap!
@Mr Konrad Dundee , you were right!!
By visually looking at the head and running my finger perpendicular to the blade, it reminds me a lot
of the Tatara Nodachi Open Comb (not the head design, just the cues I mentioned)
But hey, the Nodachi OC pulls it off by being very aggressive but very smooth. Hopefully this one can
give the same results.
We'll see tonight!

full

full

full
Very nice, you made a great purchase

Top Bottom