What's new

Badger shave soap, first time usage

On 01 Dec, I began using the Badger shave soap product for the first time. I creates a thick, creamy, and slick lather, yielding a close an enjoyable shave. However, it does seem to dry out quickly after I brush it on my face. I can not comment on any scent due to my sinus issues.
I recommend this soap to forum members looking for something new to try.

You are recommending it, even though it dries out shortly after you apply to your face and you don't know that it smells like?

Soap drying instantly on my face would be in the trash. If it smells like cat turds when your sinuses clear, are you still going to recommend it?

Is your review based on full purchase price, no affiliation with seller?

A one/two day review is quite premature.

Last edited:
Thanks for your review. Based on some quick search results, this is one soap I will skip. Not for me.
Also, based on their ingredients list, this shaving soap might be a good bath soap, after all.
Not my kind of shaving soap.

Thanks for your review. Based on some quick search results, this is one soap I will skip. Not for me.
Also, based on their ingredients list, this shaving soap might be a good bath soap, after all.
Not my kind of shaving soap.

+1! This was my experience, my puck ended up in the bath!! :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

But, nice to see that it is working out for you!!

I don't care for the shave soap (although I do like the scent) but they make an excellent mustache wax.

On 01 Dec, I began using the Badger shave soap product for the first time. I creates a thick, creamy, and slick lather, yielding a close an enjoyable shave. However, it does seem to dry out quickly after I brush it on my face. I can not comment on any scent due to my sinus issues.
I recommend this soap to forum members looking for something new to try.
A lot of folks say they don't like it because the lather dissipates after a short time. I've found this to be true as well but I find even after it thins out there is still good slickness. Adding a few drops of glycerin helps with the dissipation too. Sorry that you can't enjoy the scent right now. Its a woody/spicy scent, moderate in strength.

A lot of folks say they don't like it because the lather dissipates after a short time. I've found this to be true as well but I find even after it thins out there is still good slickness. Adding a few drops of glycerin helps with the dissipation too. Sorry that you can't enjoy the scent right now. Its a woody/spicy scent, moderate in strength.
Your comment has also been my experience, but, after adding more water than I do on other soaps, the Badger soap lather lasts longer without any loss in slickness.

Looks like Badger shave soap is basically regular body soap with some added ingredients. Since it's a pure NaOH bar, without much Steric Acid, I would think it would be pretty hard to make a lather and not a rich one at that. I don't think they should be asking people to pay that much for it.

From the Badger Site:
Sodium Palmate (Organic Palm Oil & Sodium Hydroxide), Sodium Cocoate (Organic Coconut Oil & Sodium Hydroxide), Water, Organic Glycerin, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Bergamot Oil, Sodium Citrate, Organic Vetivert Oil, Organic Aloe, Organic Sandalwood Oil, Organic Cardamom Oil, Organic Vanilla Extract, Organic Black Pepper Oil, Organic Myrrh Extract.

You are recommending it, even though it dries out shortly after you apply to your face and you don't know that it smells like?

Soap drying instantly on my face would be in the trash.

A one/two day review is quite premature.

This.

“First impressions” and similar short time reviews are of limited use, to put it politely.
I rarely bother to read them.

B.

Top Bottom