What's new

Bad news and some good news

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
After my last smoke with the most recent Tinsky LE I noticed a crack developing inside the bowl. Needless to say I was pretty bummed as it is a stunning pipe and smokes exceptionally well. I immediately snapped some photos of the damage as best I could and send them to Mark Tinsky to see if anything could be done. He responded the next day with, "Something can always be done" and requested I send it to him for a look. I haven't been able to get the pipe in the mail yet, but will get it out soon. I'm optimistic given Mark's response.
20240128_123415.jpg

20240128_123341.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
After my last smoke with the most recent Tinsky LE I noticed a crack developing inside the bowl. Needless to say I was pretty bummed as it is a stunning pipe and smokes exceptionally well. I immediately snapped some photos of the damage as best I could and send them to Mark Tinsky to see if anything could be done. He responded the next day with, "Something can always be done" and requested I send it to him for a look. I haven't been able to get the pipe in the mail yet, but will get it out soon. I'm optimistic given Mark's response.
View attachment 1789608
View attachment 1789609

That looks like a surface crack, and not too serious. A deep fracture would be working into the upper rim.

That pipe is very fixable. Might get by with just a light sanding. It looks hardly smoked. You could probably also just live with it, and let the cake making settle it down.

Mark, or the lady that used to work for him and runs her own repair business, should be able to clean that up in 15 minutes.

Don't sweat it too hard.

Top Bottom