What's new

ASTRA blade $7.95 for 100

On Amazon. Works out to 8 cents a blade. Good deal if you like Astras.
I'm 53 years old. Let's say I get 10 good shaves out of each blade and never shave on weekends. That's 26 blades per year, but let's subtract holidays and (no shave) sick days. Down to 24 blades per year. 500 blades could last roughly 21 years. When I'm 74 and on my last Astra blade, I'll still have several hundred Feathers to get me by. :)

I'm 53 years old. Let's say I get 10 good shaves out of each blade and never shave on weekends. That's 26 blades per year, but let's subtract holidays and (no shave) sick days. Down to 24 blades per year. 500 blades could last roughly 21 years. When I'm 74 and on my last Astra blade, I'll still have several hundred Feathers to get me by. :)
Ha.

Glad I'm. It the only 50+ year old who does math like this.

When I last stocked up on Russian GSB, Astra and Gillette Yellows, I did the came type of calculations.

3 shaves a week, swap my blade every week or two. No shaves during vacation, camping, sick days etc. I think I'm good for blades into my 80s.

My oldest is a DE shaver too, so he is still using my stash, at least for the foreseeable future while he's in university and living at home.

Reactions: Kix
I bought a 100 sleeve recently and received Russian made. I think it’s the luck of the draw and which retailer they are stocked from.
On Amazon, for Astra SS (blue), vendor Razor Blades Club ($8.47 for 100) is sending Indian blades and vendor Super Safety Razors ($8.49 for 100) is sending Russian blades. Both shipped from Amazon.

On Amazon, for Astra SS (blue), vendor Razor Blades Club ($8.47 for 100) is sending Indian blades and vendor Super Safety Razors ($8.49 for 100) is sending Russian blades. Both shipped from Amazon.
Mine was BVS Shop for the green Russians.

Amazon comingles inventory, so don't assume that a vendor has separate inventory. In the case of blades, you're likely getting whatever some person (or robot) plucks from the same bin, no matter which vendor your order from.

Amazon comingles inventory, so don't assume that a vendor has separate inventory. In the case of blades, you're likely getting whatever some person (or robot) plucks from the same bin, no matter which vendor your order from.
You may very well be right. However, I will give you my exact experience.

In the same Amazon order, I chose vendor Razor Blades Club ("RBC") for 100 Astra SS blades, and then chose vendor Super Safety Razors ("SSR") for 100 Astra SS blades. I also chose vendor SSR for 100 Perma-Sharp blades. The two Astra SS 100-packs came individually packaged, and the packaging and labels were different. RBC had India blades and SSR had Russian blades. The packaging and label styling (but not the product information, obviously) for the Astra SS and Perma-Sharp from SSR were identical. Then, a month later, I purchased another 100 Astra SS from SSR and they were Russian again.

Furthermore, I recently had an email conversation with the owner of Canada Shaving Soap, and from what he described to me about his dealings with Amazon, my belief that each vendor has their own unique stock was reinforced.

Top Bottom