What's new

Art of Shaving Badger Brush find!

post back here and tell us how you liked it. remember it's meant as like a fun little novelty item and for travel....it may feel tiny and a bit cheap at first, but it does a pretty nice job once you give it a chance.

I have a few soaps (catie's bubbles, pinaud clubman) with small containers that my fullsize brushes barely fit into....so when i'm in the mood for one of those, that's when i'll grab one of my tiny brushes.

Do you know which size kit you got? the AOS medium kit from the original first post comes with a more normal sized brush, can't believe he found that for 4 bucks. my small kit was 30 at regular price, but i got it as a gift.

The twerp arrived today, exactly as advertised. Gave it a few hours soak in shampoo, didn't really need it, smell wasn't a problem. Lathered it up tonight.

It held more water than I expected. I have a VDH Luxury soap I'm working on now, got a perfectly fine quality lather with it once I straightened out the amount of water needed. Takes a long time to load the brush and lather up my face with how small it is. Had enough backbone, didn't splay excessively, not too scritchy. Just about what I'd expect from a decent pure badger brush.

Knot 18mm, loft 50, total height 90. About the size of the smaller Omega brushes like the Bigger Bambino, or a small Edwin Jagger. Much bigger than a Wee Scot. Good enough for travel but I'd get impatient using this every day. I got a very fair deal at $10 with the travel size products. At the usual $30 price I would have felt badly overcharged.

The twerp arrived today, exactly as advertised. Gave it a few hours soak in shampoo, didn't really need it, smell wasn't a problem. Lathered it up tonight.

I got a very fair deal at $10 with the travel size products. At the usual $30 price I would have felt badly overcharged.
Was it a shampoo/conditioner? I think the conditioner made my AOS brush feel a little better. I also think it's much better at face lathering than using a bowl

Yes, $30 is way overpriced!! the proraso travel kit is a much better value at only 15 (especially for me since i found it at a local store in the sale bin, buy one get one free) . i'll try to post comparison pics of my kits and brushes this weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom