What's new

Are razors like cars?

That is the same head as my #44 . Interesting design ... notice how the inner teeth are lower than the corners. I don't know exactly what they tried to achieve with that, a bit more blade gap won't change much. Awesome shaver though.

That is the same head as my #44 . Interesting design ... notice how the inner teeth are lower than the corners. I don't know exactly what they tried to achieve with that, a bit more blade gap won't change much. Awesome shaver though.

I have never noticed that oddity before, nor have I heard anyone else mention it. I just examined my #51 and confirmed it. That configuration certainly does not give it a more aggressive stance compared to the Gillette Old Type (on which the Leresche is obviously based). For me, the Leresche is definitely milder than a Gillette OT.
Pourquoi?

I'd compare my Eclipse Red Ring with a Jag Mk II.

proxy.php

Here is a pic of a Mark 2. Let's see a pic of the Eclipse!

I don't see much mention of American luxury, such as Cadillac and Lincoln, relating to the classic Gillettes, like Toggles and Aristocrats, or even new luxury vehicles like Tesla, relating to ATT or Weber.

How about Japanese luxury: Lexus and Acura relating to Feather Stainless.

I know this thread is about luxury cars and razors, but since Doc and I were mentioning the oddity of the Leresche #44 and #51, I thought I would share it, so everybody interested can see.
AFAIK, this is a unique design.

$CAM01452.jpg

$CAM01453.jpg

:w00t:

Is this by design??

My little girl type of skin hurts even looking at it! I'm a real macho guy (we Swedes often are!) and I have a Fatip Piccolo in my drawer tucked away, but this is even worse than the Futur I bought by mistake 7 years ago... :001_rolle

Actually it's not as bad as it may look, Bosse. The blade exposure on this razor isn't too big, less than an Old Type for example.
It may look scary, but this design the French came up with it's actually not too aggressive. It has a considerable blade gap, but that doesn't translate into aggressiveness. Now if this had a bit more blade exposure ...

It is an extremely efficient razor though, I think this is a brilliant design and surely is a pleasure to use it. I would rate it somewhere between an Old Type and a NEW LC.

And both are a German design.

:001_smile

I leave this thread for a few days and look what happens: Glenn compares an American slant to a German car! Although, as Edgar pointed out, the iKon slant's head is an exact copy of a vintage German slant. Edgar, do you remember which one it is?

Larzone posts a picture of a gorgeous Aston Martin DB9 (it might still be rubbish, how would I know? they are virtually unknown in the US). Bosse's 1949 British Aristocrat, however, is NOT rubbish (is that a #66?).

And Bosse posts a picture of a Finnish military vehicle that looks Russian to me (I've seen more than a few Russian military vehicles up close).
So, are there any good Russian razors?

Top Bottom