What's new

ARAMIS...I'm strangely drawn to it.

When I want to evoke that era I choose Paco Rabanne, Azzaro PH, and Kouros. Aramis was too popular just like Drakkar and Polo and seems too dated.

Think of a guy with blonde wavy hair. Not quite mullet, but give it another a week and it could be. Think of his peach colored Izod shirt, acid washed Levi's, white Reebok's and a gold necklace of some sort around his neck. He may have pink Wayfarer sunglasses or wraparound Brett Hart shades. Most likely he is driving a convertible Fiero with the top down and his cassette of AC/DC's Back In Black is blaring at full blast. Tucked under his seat is the newest issue of Playboy and he has an open pack of Marlboro Light 100's on the passenger seat. He's going to pick up his girlfriend from the mall arcade that she works at and they're going to catch a meal at Arby's and then go see Bright Lights, Big City down at the Multiplex. On his way to drop her off back at home they discuss Reaganomics and trickle down theories, as well as the true meaning behind Thomas Dolby's She Blinded Me With Science.. After an akward good night kiss cut short by her impatient father standing on the porch, he guns his Fiero out of the driveway and makes sure to peel out from the stop sign, revving that anemic four cylinder as high as he can before releasing the brake. After getting home late, he grabs his issue of Playboy and tucks it under his shirt, all the while humming "Turning Japanese" as he makes his way up the stairs to end his night with a self-inflicted love fest.

That's what Aramis is all about.

:lol::lol::lol:
:biggrin:

i just tried to save this as my signature, but it's just too big.

thanks Rob, i can't wait to smell this stuff, and i may even wear it a day or two!

Since this thread is in the aftershave forum, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Aramis aftershave labeled "after shave soother" (alcohol free). From what I can tell, it seems to be a gel type product, somewhere between the splash and balm. I do like the splash - it's better than most "designer" aftershave splashes. Any comments regarding the soother?

Since this thread is in the aftershave forum, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Aramis aftershave labeled "after shave soother" (alcohol free). From what I can tell, it seems to be a gel type product, somewhere between the splash and balm. I do like the splash - it's better than most "designer" aftershave splashes. Any comments regarding the soother?

Mark, this is really going to date me, but is your avatar Mike Mercury?!?!! If Aramis is an '80s thing, I'm way too old for it even now. :biggrin:

Excellent call. Yes - it is Mike Mercury, the fearless marionette pilot of "Supercar" fame. You may recall that the ground crew consisted of Professor Popkiss, Doctor Beaker, Jimmy, and the chimp Mitch.

Excellent call. Yes - it is Mike Mercury, the fearless marionette pilot of "Supercar" fame. You may recall that the ground crew consisted of Professor Popkiss, Doctor Beaker, Jimmy, and the chimp Mitch.

I remember Dr. Beaker always saying "Satisfactory, very satisfactory...." Ah, the simple days of youth. :biggrin:

Now, if you can only recall Fireball XL5...

Top Bottom