What's new

Aqua Velva's Scent?

Being fairly new here, I'm just glad I'm not alone in the practice of using (and enjoying) alcohol based aftershaves and not the expensive stuff.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
According to the web site Basenotes:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Lavender, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Lemon .

Middle Notes
Clary Sage, Jasmin, Vetiver, Sandal, Cedarwood .

Base Notes
Labdanum, Musk, Amber, Moss, Leather.

I don't think it smells anything at all like Old Spice, Clubman, English Leather, Proraso, or anything else.

If I really had to compare the scent, I would almost say it smells like Windex, at least right out of the bottle.

I don't think you can judge it right out of the bottle. Right out of the bottle all I get is a sharp alcohol odor and really strong menthol. However, once that wears off, it is a nice scent, very much what I used to think of your everyday man smelled like until more metrosexual scents hit the scene.

I can't discern different notes in it - I don't have the nose for it. To me, once you mix enough different scents together, it becomes its own scent, separate and distinct from its components. This is not a musky scent, a marine scent, a floral scent. It is a masculine scent, just like I feel that TOBS Mr. Taylor is a masculine scent.

I have it and Pinaud Clubman, and am thinking of abandoning Clubman - I just can't get used to that scent. AV surprised me. I thought it would be crap. But since I decided to give it a try, I've come to realize that price and quality in this arena are not necessarily directly proportional. If anything, it makes me feel a little sheepish for the higher-priced goodies I have bought, given I can also find quality products at my local drugstore.

Exactly! None of that unisex crap! Who thought that was a good idea anyway?

No idea.

proxy.php

Could I get some colder cucumber slices here, please?

Last edited:
Top Bottom