What's new

Appendix carry with striker fired?

The Stealthgears are really nice IMO. I got the standard full size IWB model and wear it at about 4 o'clock. My wife also just got the G43 and I ordered her the same one except now there's a MINI version. Still 2 clips but about 3 inches shorter overall. The Kydex stuff is great and even more so that they form it to ones's specific gun model!

When I first read this post I initially thought it was the one where the Chief shot himself that I had seen awhile back. Guess not.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video...jacket-drawstring-causes-negligent-discharge/

Just goes to show...no matter how many safeties your weapon has built in...the best safety is between your ears.

Don't get complacent.

Check, double check, triple check.

Yeah, that story taught me a lesson: as a non-LEO, I have no need whatsoever to be able to re-holster without looking. Therefore I look, and I keep my shirt out of the way with my off hand while doing so.

And no drawstrings. :thumbup1:

I have a Ruger SR9c I carry and if its hot and I need high conceal its a Taurus TCP in its case that looks like a phone. I have a photo of me standing next to Louis Black where I was carrying and no one knew. I don't carry with one in the chamber. I know some will think its crazy but I really don't want to pull and accidentally put pressure on the trigger.

Edteach,

Tell me- at 3 yards, how long does it take you to present the weapon, work the slide and put 3 rounds in an 8x10 rectangle (collarbone to bottom of chest bone, nipple to nipple) or 8 inch circle (center of circle =center or sternum)?

You do understand that not carrying a round in the chamber is going to cost you an extra 2-4 seconds you get your first shot off.
You do understand that a healthy 15-45 year old person can fire a gun once every .25 to .33 seconds with little or no training.
Bottom line- your carry mode means that you are likely spotting 6-16 shots to your advisary(ies).

Get some training. If your are going to carry a pistol out in the world, carry it with a round in the chamber. If you are not comfortable doing that with the pistol(s) you own, dump them, even at a loss, and buy one you are comfortable with.

Edited to add: I have a photo of me standing next to Rhonda Rousey. No one knew I was carrying a Glock 35, two extra mags and a SOC-P or a Clinch Pick. I was wearing a well sized (not sloppy baggy at all) square bottomed shirt and a pair of slacks. It simply is not that difficult for a man to conceal a full sized pistol so long as you are doing so with a purpose designed holster/belt combination.

YMMV greatly.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
No photo, but I met Governor Ann Richards on the State Capital steps one time as I was going in, and she had 3 bodyguards with her...the one in the back was a very nice looking female in a black suit (that may not be PC but I'm not PC, and I really didn't care for Richards, but that bodyguard was a fox). Richards was very cordial. No one knew I had a Walther in my pocket with a round in the chamber. Meh, I was off-duty LEO at that time...so what. But I'm sure if I had reached into my pocket things would not have turned out well.

If there's not a photo does that count?

As for appendix carry I don't like a handgun in the front of my belt, whether in appendix position or crossdraw just to the left of my belt buckle...it's uncomfortable.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
(that may not be PC but I'm not PC, and I really didn't care for Richards, but that bodyguard was a fox).

LOL. We wouldn't want it any other way.

As for appendix carry I don't like a handgun in the front of my belt, whether in appendix position or crossdraw just to the left of my belt buckle...it's uncomfortable.

I know what you mean. I get the same damn feeling when my wife rolls over in bed and puts her knee in my back. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Edteach,

Tell me- at 3 yards, how long does it take you to present the weapon, work the slide and put 3 rounds in an 8x10 rectangle (collarbone to bottom of chest bone, nipple to nipple) or 8 inch circle (center of circle =center or sternum)?

You do understand that not carrying a round in the chamber is going to cost you an extra 2-4 seconds you get your first shot off.
You do understand that a healthy 15-45 year old person can fire a gun once every .25 to .33 seconds with little or no training.
Bottom line- your carry mode means that you are likely spotting 6-16 shots to your advisary(ies).

Get some training. If your are going to carry a pistol out in the world, carry it with a round in the chamber. If you are not comfortable doing that with the pistol(s) you own, dump them, even at a loss, and buy one you are comfortable with.

Edited to add: I have a photo of me standing next to Rhonda Rousey. No one knew I was carrying a Glock 35, two extra mags and a SOC-P or a Clinch Pick. I was wearing a well sized (not sloppy baggy at all) square bottomed shirt and a pair of slacks. It simply is not that difficult for a man to conceal a full sized pistol so long as you are doing so with a purpose designed holster/belt combination.

YMMV greatly.

^ This is important to understand !!! You have to be able to deploy your pistol and get a shot off one handed. In a fight for your life you may not have a free hand available to rack the slide. Your fine motor skills will go to sh*t and it will be so easy to fumble the slide racking process and experience a failure to feed of that all important first round. Violent attacks usually happen quickly and without warning!

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have a Ruger SR9c I carry and if its hot and I need high conceal its a Taurus TCP in its case that looks like a phone. I have a photo of me standing next to Louis Black where I was carrying and no one knew. I don't carry with one in the chamber. I know some will think its crazy but I really don't want to pull and accidentally put pressure on the trigger.

Refer to entries # 7 and #11 in this thread.

Top Bottom