What's new

Anyone dressing up for the Star Wars premier?

Haha that was pretty funny Mike. Being a Nerd, dressing up, making custom lightsabers and being on a star wars forum might seem weird. Then again I have over a thousand posts about shaving my face!

Haha that was pretty funny Mike. Being a Nerd, dressing up, making custom lightsabers and being on a star wars forum might seem weird. Then again I have over a thousand posts about shaving my face!

I'll confess that I don't quite understand that level of fandom and my personality wouldn't really allow it but my daughter gets it and I see it as harmless fun. I'm actually pretty impressed by pictures I've seen of cosplay and the like. Some of the stuff they come up with is unbelievable. I didn't post the video to mock but rather just to share a bit that was pretty funny and it was pretty cool to see that the interviewees had a good sense of humor and that they could laugh at themselves.

I'll confess that I don't quite understand that level of fandom and my personality wouldn't really allow it but my daughter gets it and I see it as harmless fun. I'm actually pretty impressed by pictures I've seen of cosplay and the like. Some of the stuff they come up with is unbelievable. I didn't post the video to mock but rather just to share a bit that was pretty funny and it was pretty cool to see that the interviewees had a good sense of humor and that they could laugh at themselves.

Oh yeah, I was sincere that was pretty funny, the costumes were a little sad. But it's no convention. I could never dress up for Lord of the rings or anything like that. I don't know, there is just something special about wielding a heavy metal lightsaber that's loud and bright and dueling skilled people. Lot of fun like fencing.

Easily understandable why people see it as weird. My girlfriend is uh.... not really understanding of my geekness. Haha

Last edited:
I think all my polyester self destructed.

$mens-1970s-fashion.jpg

Top Bottom